Re: New worldwide MORLEY DNA project
Calling all Morleys and Morley researchers!
The Morley Y-DNA Project has several announcements. Recall that objectives of this project include
- bringing together people with genealogical interests in the Morley surname,
- pointing these people towards the appropriate Morley family group, and
- exploring deep connections between Morley family groups.
=== Big sale on entry-level Y-DNA testing, until the end of February ===
Do you know any male Morleys? Please, please take a look at the news posted at [ http://www.MorleyDNA.com/homehttp://www.MorleyDNA.com/home ].
This is an amazing opportunity to widen our Y-DNA coverage. A jump-start for our recently-launched project.
=== Recent Y-DNA progress ===
We recently found a Y-DNA connection between two Morley family groups from Sussex. We also confirmed a connection between two distant Morley cousins with roots in Lincolnshire.
Two more sets of Y-DNA results are due back at the start of March.
Match frequency will increase with increased and diversified participation. Please think about having your Morley line tested.
=== Project Website ===
The project website [ http://www.MorleyDNA.comhttp://www.MorleyDNA.com ] was launched in December. Further functionality was added this month. The site now features:
1) Overview pages for each Morley family group. Is your Morley lineage represented yet?
2) Additions and enhancements to the interactive map. Plot your Morley lineage's movement through space and time, and look for other Morley researchers with overlapping interests.
3) Morley-specific discussion boards, organized by region
4) Basic search capabilities
5) Updated Y-DNA analysis
6) Y-DNA frequently asked questions
7) A list of most-wanted Morleys [ http://www.MorleyDNA.com/most-wantedhttp://www.MorleyDNA.com/most-wanted ]
=== Questions about Y-DNA? ===
Check out the project's overview [ http://www.MorleyDNA.com/abouthttp://www.MorleyDNA.com/about ] and FAQ [ http://www.MorleyDNA.com/faqhttp://www.MorleyDNA.com/faq ] pages.
=== MorleyDNA.com membership ===
Site membership is free, but registration is required. Membership will allow you to add markers to the map, participate in the discussion boards and receive project newsletters.
Let's harness the latest technology to make some progress in our Morley research!
Morley Y-DNA Project