Re: Just Found Nansel Forum
Hey!I did a google search on 'nansel' on a whim today, and stumbled across this page!I thought I'd contribute with what I know about my family genealogy.
Well, my name is Athey Nansel, and I'm 21.Born in Grand Island, NE and raised in Lincoln, NE.Current resident of Seattle, WA.
My mom never married, so she's still a 'Nansel'.My Grandmother is Lillian Lola Nansel, her maiden name was Lillian Athey (where my name came from).
My Grandfather was Floyd Arthur Nansel, but everyone called him Pete (it was his dogs name when he was a child and they were always together, so people called them Pete and Re-Pete).
Here's how I know the family geneology (I asked my mom ;)
Jesse Frank "Bunk" Nansel married Marguerite (McFayte)
They had 8 children:
Boys: Floyd, Charles, and Archie
Girls: Veneta, Helen, Cecil, Jane, and Betty.
I don't know the married names of all the daughters.I remember going to Helen's funeral, but other than that, I don't have a lot of personal experience with any of my grandfather's siblings.My gramps died when I was still pretty young.He and my grandmother lived in North Platte when he died.
My Gram moved in with my mom and I after he died, so I heard lots of names from all of her stories, but I don't really remember any of them ^_^;;I do recall hearing her say the name Fern Nansel though!I know we had a lot of relatives that lived in all parts of Nebraska.
For those curious about the furthing of the Nansel name, my Gram and Gramps had 4 kids.
Floyd Arthur "Pete" Nansel and Lillian Nansel (Athey)
Had 4 children:
Joe Pete Nansel
Betty Anne (Strawn)
Joe Pete married Gloria and they had two daughters, Keo and Maggie.
- Maggie had two or three kids.Robbie, Goriana, and another... a boy; I don't know his name.
Betty Anne has married a few times, 2nd marriage was to Terry Parr and they had 3 children.Scott Parr, Allen Parr and Leigh Anne (Hoatson).Betty Anne is currently married to Steve Strawn.
- Scott married a woman named Laurie and they had a son named Keagan.They got divorced and Scott married a woman named Susan.They've had two... maybe three more kids, but I don't know any of their names. (whoops..)
- Leigh Anne married Ronnie Wallace and had a daughter they named Katana.Leigh Anne and Ronnie divorced and she later married a man named Tim Hoatson.Leigh Anne and Tim have had two daughters, Shyanne, and another name I don't remember.
- Allen married once for a very brief time, but got a divorce and hasn't remarried since.
Marguerite married Joe Doucet and they had three children.Jody, Darren, and Curtis.
- Darren Doucet married Donna and they have three children.Gatlin (boy) is 7 or 8, Josh is 5, and they've got a new girl who's name I don't know ^ ^;;
- Jody was in the airforce.She never got married and never had children.
Keo Nansel never got married, but she had me non-the-less. I'm an only child.
I know my grandmother has a huge collection of genealogy info on the family, so I could probably get some info from her.I know she's got a big genealogy book, but it's for her side of the family (The Athey Family), not my gramp's side (The Nansel Family).
Well, that's all I can think of.Hope it helped someone.