Re: Robert _T._ Ogden
Hello, Robert - and thank you for your replies to my mssg.Your post reminded me to go digging around in some boxes of stuff brought back when my mother-in-law closed up house and moved to assisted living.There was a stash (unsorted) of genealogy info. she had collected - some from a cousin who had done an extensive amount of research (not online) - and some she had collected when taking a family history class years ago where she met someone who shared some ancestors.Sooooo, the Ogden info. below is from that person.
Who knows, maybe you share some of these family members!???Also, I don’t know what state you live in.I’m wishing I had been able to take the time in July when we were driving between Baton Rouge and North Louisiana - through part of Mississippi, including Wilkinson County - to take a detour and do a little research.
I’ve found that Robert _T._ Ogden’s siblings were Sarah A., Providence, & Peter.Also, I have since come across the name of a cemetery that I didn’t know before:Old Bethel Church Cemetery in/near Woodville MS, where his father is supposed to be buried.
I’ll close - and leave you with the info. I’ve found on his ancestors below.Again, thank you for your replies.
Nancy(I’ll make a separate post with other info.)
= = =
Beginning with my mother-in-law’s grandfather:
- William Tigner Ogden, b. 3 May 1840, Wilkinson County MS, d. 16 Dec 1915, buried in Ogden Cemetery, Liddieville, Franklin Parish LA - m/1st to Louisa E. Brown - & m/2nd to Frances Chew.-He was the son of:
- Robert _T._ Ogden, b.ca. 1814, d. 2 Feb 1841 - m/1st to ______ - & m/2nd to Caroline Amanda Tigner - they had one son (Wm.T.O.).-He was the son of:
- Jonathan John Ogden, b. 26 Apr 1780 in NC, d. 5 Sep 1837, Woodville MS, buried in Old Bethel Church Cemetery- m/1st 5 May 1808 to Martha Robert (their children are listed below) - & m/2nd to Maria Collins (b. 1809 SC, d. 28 Jun 1821 - they had five children).
Children of Jonathan John Ogden & Martha Robert:
- Sarah A., b. 1810 - m William H. Irion
- Robert T., b.ca. 1814 - (listed above)
- Providence - m/1st Jacob W. Edwards - m/2nd Daniel F. Williams
- Peter W.
Jonathan John Ogden was the son of:
- William Ogden, b. 1742, Cherry Valley NY, d. 1811, Fort Adams MS - m Ann Nugent, b.ca. 1764 SC or VA.- He was the son of:
- Richard Ogden, b. 1673... [[ at this point, I’ll just list names, skipping details ]] - son of (etc.):
- John Ogden- Thomas Ogden- Edward Ogden- William Ogden- Richard Ogden- Robert Ogden...
= = =