My name is Mrs. Donna L. Oglesby. MY husband's name is Paul David Oglesby. We have been trying for several years to find a connection to our Oglesby line. Would Appreciate any help and shared info to what we have, and thank you for your time.
Sabert Oglesby and John R. Oglesby have been two names that keep popping up, while researching the Oglesby Family line.This line is my Husband's line. I have several 3 and 1/2 inch folders that I have been working on, and had to get out " BOOK 2" concerning this, so here is all I have:
Doil ( in some census records spelled Doyle ) Dale Oglesby
Born- 2 June 1922 in Altus Oklahoma, Jackson County 4th ward. Enlisted in the U.S Army 30 May 1942. Rank PFC, Military Police. Served time in Panama. Honorable Discharge 1 Nov 1945. Married Mary Catherine Johns. ( not known exactly when, as of yet. She also served in the Military during WW2. Enlisted in the U.S.Army WAC with Rank of Private, Medical Technician, Honorable Discharge 20 Nov 1945. her Parents were Anton Johns and Frances Katherine Valentine. Together they had:
1) Sharon T. Oglesby Born 26 June 1945 Baldwin Park, California. Married to Tony Romero
2) Dale Oglesby Born 1946 Michigan Died- 1946 Michigan
3) John Robert Oglesby born 19 Dec 1950 Iron Mountain, Michigan
Married Sue Ellen Petroff, currently seperated
4) ** MY Husband, Paul David Oglesby Born 22 August 1950 Norway Michigan, Dickinson County 1st Marriage: Carol Ann Fadroski 29 June 1976.
Children: Daniel Paul Oglesby & Christopher Alex Oglesby
Paul and Carol divorced October 2001............ His 2nd Marriage ( Me) Donna L. Bronke 25 Nov 2002 in Staten Island New York, Richmond County
5) Tina Marie Oglesby Born 19 October 1959 California
1st Marriage- Michael James Vargo, 2nd Married- David L. Dobrick, 3rd Married- Maichael Wade Reed 14 June 1991
Doil Died- 30 October 1969, Los Angeles, California. Buried Eternal Valley Memorial Park Cemetery, California
Mary C. Oglesby Died- 25 September 1994 Cremated and ashes scattered.
Robert Franklin Oglesby ( In some census records, it lists him as Franklin Robert )
Born- 29 December 1898 in either Tennessee or Lamar County, Texas. ( California Death Records, listed him as being born in Tennessee, and 1930 Census lists him as being born in Texas. Still have to send for Birth record, in either state to be sure ) He is listed in the 1900 Federal Census as residing in Roxton Texas, Lamar County, with his parents and siblings, sister Hattie and brother Stanley. 1910 Federal Census, Robert is listed along with his parents as residing in Mangum Township, Greer County, Oklahoma. Both Robert and brother Stanley served in WW1. At time of Robert's enlistment, Robert was employed by his father. His Occupation was farmer.
His wife, Beatrice Palmer was born- 2 November 1902 in Oklahoma to parents, Thomas Jefferson Palmer & Theresa Marie Thomas.
Robert is next found in the 1930 Federal Census as living in Altus Oklahoma, Jackson County, now married to wife, Beatrice Palmer. Together they had children:
1) Don Oglesby Not dates of birth, death or family
2) Irene Oglesby Born 1921 ( assumed in Oklahoma ) She married 1947 to Clark Wiley.
Their Children: Dorothy Irene Wiley Born- 2 June 1948 Los Angles, Ca, Died- 19 Aug 1948
2) Robert Clark Wiley Born- 15 Sept 1949 Los Angeles, Ca, Died- 17 Sept 1949
3) John Gary Wiley Born- 11 March 1952 Los Angeles, Ca
4) Susan M. Wiley ( known as " Genie, the wild child, from the Nova Documentary" )
Born- 18 April 1957 Los Angeles, California
Robert died- July 1982 in Ontario California and buried in Ontario Cemetery, California.
Beatrice died- 24 February 1985 and buried next to her husband, in Ontario California.
William Howard Oglesby Born- November 1871 in Georgia
parents- currently unknown. I have him as having a brother, Charles C. Oglesby, being born in 1875 in Georgia.
Married- Frances Elizabeth Steele on 2 November 1893 in Lamar County, Texas.
She was born- 13 September 1872 in Whitefield Mississippi. Her parents were, James Henry Steele & Margaret Vernon Montgomery
William , wife Frances and family are listed in 1900 as living in Roxton Texas, Lamar County. 1910 Federal Census lists him and his family as living in Mangam Township, in Greer County, Oklahoma.
Together they had children:
1) Robert Franklin Oglesby Born- 29 Dec 1898 Lamar County, Texas, Married to Beatrice Palmer
2) Hattie Oglesby Born- July 1891 Lamar County, Texas, Died 15 November 1913 Greer County, Oklahoma
3) Stanley Oglesby born- August 1897 Lamar County, Oklahoma. Served in WW1, died in Texas ( no other info currently)
4) Lee Hurcle Oglesby born- 20 March 1901 Lamar County, Texas, Died- 24 July 1956 Los Angeles, Ca
5) Loyd Oglesby born- 1902 Lamar County, Texas, Married Lizzie Hardy on 16 February 1929 in Bryan County, Texas
6) Royce Oglesby Born- 1908 Greer County, Oklahoma
7) Elvis Oglesby born- 23 November 1908 Greer County, Oklahoma ( it thought Elvis and Royce were twins )
1920 Federal census has him and his family living in Baucum Oklahoma, Jackson County. 1st wife, Frances Elizabeth had died 20 June 1913, and William's second wife is now listed on Census. William's married his second wife Lilla Murtee Dixson on 3 January 1915. Together they had a unknown named daughter whom was born in 1912
This is ALL from my notes thus far, and all I have. Without William Howard Oglesby's birth certificate, which I am still trying to get form the state of Georgia, I have no idea as to whom his parents were. Am also trying to get birth certificate of his first wife, Frances Elizabeth Steele as well.
Would appreciate any info that you may want to share and any help. Thank you for writing, and hope that we can connect.
Donna & Paul Oglesby