I believe Silas P. Ooten was the son of Thomas W/Ooten, III & wife Anne who were in Surry Co., NC.Anne's husband died and she then married John Stotts.The marriage record is on file in Surry Co., NC.After her marriage to John, Anne and her children including Silas P. moved to the Tug River Valley.The following is more info you may find to be useful.
There were two seperate Wooten and/or Ooten families in the Tug River Valley in Eastern Kentucky and Southwestern Virginia in the early 1800's who have been misconstrued and/or misidentified. One family was headed by the Revolutionary War veteran Silas P. Wooten and his wife Phoebe Worth. The other family was headed by a woman whose first name was Anne and whose maiden name is unknown. Her husband's surname was Wooten and remains unidentified. He was possibly Thomas Whootan, III who was born in Surry Co., NC, where Anne married her second husband John Stotts before coming to the Tug River Valley.
The following family groups should be able to lessen the confusion.
Silas Penix Wooten was born 1759 in VA. He died Feb. 25, 1846. He was a Revolutionary War veteran. He was married to Phoebe Worth. They had 7 or more children.
1. William Lewis Wooten: Born abt. 1785 Married July 24, 1817 Floyd Co., KY Spouse: Millie Burgess
2. Rhoda Wooten: Born 1788 NC Died Aug 1855 Johnson Co., KY Spouse: Adam Bowen
3. Goorge W. Wooten: Born abt. 1800 Married Mar. 5, 1820 Floyd Co., KY Spouse Mary "Polly" Bannister
4. Rebecca Wooten: Born 1804 KY 1st Spouse: Nathan Blevins Date: Jan. 30, 1824 Floyd Co., KY 2nd Spouse: Berry Pack Date: Feb. 9, 1840 Lawrence Co., KY
5. Silas G. Wooten: Born 1804 OH 1st spouse: Sarah Adams Date: July 2, 1821 Floyd Co., KY 2nd Spouse: Keziah Ward Date: 1827 Floyd Co., KY 3rd Spouse: Julina "Julia" Chapman Date: 1833 Lawrence Co., KY
6. Elizabeth Wooten 1st. spouse: John Anderson Date: Dec. 5, 1814 Floyd Co., KY 2nd possible spouse: Jesse Bradley Date: Jan. 13, 1818 Floyd Co., KY
7. Thomas Alfred Wooten: Born Aug. 1, 1808 VA Died 1880 Wayne Co., WV 1st Spouse: Sarah Jane Castle Married Aug. 1, 1827 Lawrence Co., KY
?Thomas Whootan, III b. abt. 1760 died bef. 1820 NC. He was married to Anne Unknown b. 1776 NC died after 1850 IN?.
1. Levi (W)ooten: Born Nov. 10, 1798 Married: Aug. 9, 1820 Floyd Co., KY Died : 1854 Clay Co., IL Spouse: Alpha Omega Taylor
2. Nancy (W)ooten: Born 1801 Married Dec. 27, 1817 Floyd Co., KY Died after 1850 Spouse : Alexander Coleman
3. Jordan (W)ooten: Born Jan. 28, 1803 NC Married 20 April 1823 Pike Co., KY Died 1850 IN Spouse: Dorcas Williamson
4. Silas P. (W)ooten: Born abt. 1805 Married Feb. 12, 1827 Pike Co., KY Died after 1830 Spouse: Elizabeth Williamson
After Anne's first husband died in Surry Co., NC, she later married John Stotts abt. 1810 in Surry Co., NC and moved to the Tug River Valley and had additional children with him also. Afterwards, Anne and her children including Levi, Nancy & Jordan were living in Indiana by 1840. Her son Silas P. was already deceased by then and his widow remarried and his children remained behind in the Tug River Valley. While Anne and her children were all in Indiana by 1840, the children of the Revolutionary War veteran Silas P. Wooten & Phoebe Worth remained in the Tug River Valley. This obviously suggests they were two seperate families since they both eventually lived so far apart.