Re: John Osborn b 1595 Gedfordshire, England; d Hartford Co, CT
Hello Sharon- I am quite certain that my John Osborn and your John Osborn are different families. I have fairly complete data on my ancestry, and there is no connection to Dutchess County, NY. My John's decendants located in CT and VT before migrating west to OH in 1829.
In searching, I find 2 possibilities for your John Osborn.There was a John, 1741-1825, who married Ruth White, and they had Elizabeth "Betsey" Osborn who married a man named Stark, but that family's history is all in MA and CT, not NY. Therefore, I do not think that line is your ancestry. (They are not in my line either.)
The most likely line to your John is from Dutchess County, NY, and includes a generation you did not mention. According to what I found, it was Elizabeth's daughter Sarah "Sally" who married Joseph Stark.
If this your line, it goes as follows:
1. Sarah (1805-18??) married 1825 Joseph Stark.Her
2. John Osborn (1785-1848) married Elizabeth
Rhinevault (1783-1847) in 1804. His paternal line
3. Benjamin Osborn (b. 1760)CT
4. Abner Osborn (1728-1811)B. CT d, NY
5. Samuel Osborn (1700-1737)CT
6. John Osborn (1662-1727)b. CT
7. John Osborn (1631-1687) b. England
8. Thomas Osborn (1594-1677)
9. Jeremy Osborn (1571-1621)
10. Thomas Osborn (d. 1611)
This line traces back fom Dutchess County, NY to Stratford, Fairfield County, CT to Ashford, Kent Parish, England.
You can research further at: osborne-origins.org, which is where I find much of my info.
Hope this helps! Charlie Osborn, Middlefield,OH