Hi! I have just sent you an email. I have been working on this family too, as well as the family of Lillie Robinson, who married John and Catherine's son Edward.
Edward was a cadet at the Naval Academy and dropped out after two years to attend law school at University of Maryland. He worked as a lawyer in Baltimore and served five consecutive terms in the Maryland State Legislature. He died at age 41, 17 Nov 1899, at Mount Hope Retreat, Baltimore County. After Edward's death Lillie worked as a secretary in Baltimore City Hall. She died in 1947 while visiting her daughter Elsie in Pittsburgh.
Edward and Lillie had the following children:
1. Elsie Fitzgerald, born Feb. 1885, married J. E. Desso and moved to Pittsburgh.
2. Edward Daniel Fitzgerald, born 29 Aug 1886, married Elsie Sheetenhelm. These are my great-grandparents.
3. John Robinson Fitzgerald, born Nov. 1889, married Luise Hammerle.
4. Lillian Fitzgerald, born 16 Mar 1891, married Elmer Wingrove.
5. Catherine Fitzgerald, born Mar 1895, married Joseph B. Manuel. No children.