This is a most of what I know. I suspect we will end up in Broome Co. NY. I too am very interested in finding the families in New York. Please keep me posted on any info you find out.
Alanson C. and Harriet (Woodruff) Parsons
Alanson C. Parsons b. abt. 1806 NY d. 30 April 1879, buried Laurel Hill Cemetery, Irvington, Iowa
married in New York?
Harriet Woodruff b. abt. 1813 NY d. 1884, IA
Alanson was a physician.
Moved near Kalamazoo, Michigan, between 1834 and 1838
Moved to Iowa in 1866
They had 5 children;
1. Levi W. b.1834 NY d. 13 July 1902, buried Laurel Hill Cemetery
2. Charles A. b. abt. 1838, MI d. 1863? Civil War, disease, buried in Chattanooga TN
3. Horace Curtis b. 27 Oct 1839, MI d. 7 Mar 1922, buried Laurel Hill Cemetery, Irvington Iowa
Fought in Civil War 6th Infantry (Heavy Artillery) Michigan, Company C enlisted 19 June 1861. In Kalamazoo, MI Married 3 Jan 1865 Sarah Jane Lamberson b. 25 Dec 1842, Park Twp. MId. 19 Nov 1884, Irvington, Iowa, daughter of Abraham and Ann Marie (Krader) Lamberson. Seven children.
4. Gillespie Morris Parsonsb. 2 July 1843, Whitmanville (LaGrange), MI d. 1913
fought in Civil War 25th Infantry Michigan married Mary Baker in 23 Feb 1868, daughter of Rachel and William Baker (Barker) ofNY. Eight children.
5. Marcus De L.b. 26 June 1848, Marcellus Twp, St. Joseph Co. MI d. 19 Nov 1932, Irvington, Kossuth Co. Iowa married 1st Augusta H. Johnson 24 May 1874, daughter of A.M. Johnson.
One daughter – Augusta died Sept 1879
2nd wife, Ella Baker, married Sept 1881, daughter of William and Rachel Baker, NY, sister of Gillespies wife. Nine children.
1850 Census, Schoolcraft, Kalamazoo Co. Michigan
Alexander Parsons, age 42, Physician, 1500 real estate value, NY born
Harriet Parsons, age 38 NY born
Levi W. 16 years old, NY born
Charles A., 12, MI born
Horace C. 11, MI born
Galisby M. 7, MI born
Marcus D. L., 2 MI born
1880 Census, Kossuth, Iowa
Parsons, Marcus, widowed, 31 yrs, Mich. born, Farmer, Father born NY, Mother born NY
Harriet, mother, widowed, 66 yrs, NY born, housekeeper, Father born CT, Mother born CT
Rosa, L., daughter, 3 yrs, IA born,
Hallie M., niece, 14 yrs, IA born (must be Harriet- brother Horace’s daughter)
O.P. Gates, other, 28 yrs, WI born
Parsons, Gilispie, married, 36 yrs, MN but is MI born, Farmer, Father born NY, Mother born NY
Mary A., wife, 38, NY born, keeping house, Father born NY, Mother born NY
Rachael, daughter, 11 yrs, IA born
William, son, 16 yrs., IA born
Joseph, son, 8 yrs., IA born
Laura A., daughter, 7 yrs. IA born
Morris, son, 3 yrs., IA born
John J., son, 1 yrs., IA born
Irvington, Kossuth Co., Iowa
Parsons, Horace C. , married, 40 yrs., MI, Farmer, Father born NY, Mother born NY
Sarah J., wife, 37 MI born, Keeping house, Father born PA, Mother born PA
Viola, daughter, 13 yrs., IA born
Louis, daughter, 11 yrs., IA born,
Francis, daughter, 9 yrs., IA born
Abraham, son, 8 yrs., IA born
Horace, son, 3 yrs., IA born
Parsons, Levi W., married, 45 yrs, NY born, farmer, Father born Mass., Mother born PA
Cynthia A. wife, 41 yrs., IN born, Father born OH, Mother born OH
Laura, daughter, 11 yrs., IA born
Charles A., son, 10 yrs., IA born
George W. son, 5 yrs., IA born
Algona, Kossuth Co., Iowa IS THIS BROTHER LEVI????
The Michigan Territory Land grants;
Name Date Aliquot parts Township Range Section Acres
Alanson C. Parsons 1 May 1839 1SENE 5S 12W 13 40-Flowerfield Twp.
-of St. Joe Co.
Alanson Parsons???? 2 Nov 1837 1 E1/2NW 5N 6W 18 80- northern pt of state
-of Monroe Co. Ionia Co.
William Woodruff 1 May 1839 SE 5S 12W 3 160-Flowerfield Twp.
-of St. Joe Co.
William Woodruff 1 May 1839 W1/2NW 5S 12W 11 80-Flowerfield Twp.
Jacob Beem,William 1 May 1839 W1/2NE 5S 12W 13 160-Flowerfield Twp.
Woodruff of St. Joe Co. E1/2NW 5S 12W 13
-tenants in common
ALANSON PARSONS PARENT’S ARE UNKNOWEN
POSSIBLE HARRIET WOODRUFF’S PARENTS;
Levi Woodruffb. 1785 d. 12 Feb 1861
Lois Rossiter b.12 Jun 1781, Harwinton, Litchfield CT.
married about 1807
their children are;
1. Porter Woodruff b. 1803
2. Rachel Woodruff b. 1805
3. Lucy Woodruff b. abt. 1807
4. Newton Rosseter Woodruff b. 2 Oct 1808 NY d. 24 Dec 1880 Bainbridge Berrien Co. MI cause of death progressive palsy (1870 Bainbridge Census) married 3 women - Miss Slater 1823/1828/1833/St Joe., Charlotte Whitaker 1 May 1842 Berrien, Sophronia Allen 13 Jan 1847, Van Buren, Sophronia Tanner?
5. Philo Woodruff b. 1810
6. David Woodruff b. abt. 1812 (David O. Woodruff 1870 Census Bainbridge) (David Woodruff married Amanda Melvina Stanley 18 March 1842,Berrien) (David Woodruff married Clarissa Bump,25 Oct 1843, Van Buren)
7. Morgan Levi Woodruff b. abt. 1814
8. Harriet Woodruff b. abt. 1816(THIS MAY BE OUR HARRIET WOODRUFF PARSONS)
9. Amanda Woodruff b. 5 Mar 1817 married Joseph Matrau (THEIR SON MARRIED HARRIET WOODRUFF PARSONS DAUGHTER IN LAW’S SISTER IN ALGONA, IOWA- THEY ARE BURIED INVICKSBURG, MICHIGAN) (ANOTHER SON MARRIED THE DAUGHTER OF WILLIAM AND JERUSHA (OWEN) WOODRUFF – POSSIBLE RELATIVE TO OUR HARRIET WOODRUFF PARSONS)
Many Berrien, Van Buren and St Joseph Co.Michigan marriage listings on Genweb.