Re: Information on John Penticoff SR (Pentico)
I justread some interesting data.
1. I went back to census and it says John Penticuff was born in PA.
2. 40 years of research on JOHN and no clue for sure of parentage.
3.Decided to try vocal spelling and found the Benninghoff group of surnames.
4.John is in Jersey Shores in mid 1820's surrounded by Benninghoff's.
5. Found data on Ancestry and rootsweb that says Penticoff is derrivative of BENNINGHOFF>
6. 10 years ago found the PENTICO surname in Italian book of names.
7. John did not use Pentico until he moved from PA to IA prior to it wascoff cuff.
8.I have found no ship records with John on them.
9. Catherine YOUNG (JUNG) was born in USA and her father was also.So
we know that the part of them on ship together squabbling and separating in 1820 can not be.
10. stories may fit but much earlier generation or not exist at all.Susi