Jonathan N. Pickel/Pickle of Morris Cty, NJ
Looking for information on the parents of Jonathan N. Pickel/Pickle of Morris County NJ.
Jonathan N. Pickel b. Sept 1818 NJ d after 1900 census, New Jersey married Catherine E. Alpaugh b. May 1828 NJ d after 1900 census, New Jersey. Catherine E. Alpaugh d/oPeter Alpaugh.
1850 Census: Washington Twp, Morris, NJ
1870 Census: Roxbury Twp, Morris, NJ – Catherine Alpaugh Pickel’s brother, William is living with them.
1880 Mt. Olive, Morris, NJ
1900 Mt. Olive, Morris, NJ—lists parents as born in New Jersey
Children of Jonathan and Catherine (Alpaugh) Pickel/Pickle:
1. Elizabeth Jane Pickel b about 1849
2. Catherine Pickel b about 1852
3. John Sharp Pickel b July 18, 1855 d October 13, 1956 married Alvesta Reiss b June 1866 Northampton Cty, PA d 1940 d/o Solomon and Catherine (Bougher) Reiss.John and Vest (Reiss) Pickel lived in Bloomsbury, Hunterdon, NJ & Drakestown, Morris, NJ.Their children are Ada B. Pickel m Charles Spenser Creveling, Charles W. Pickel, Russell Loring Pickel m Mary Margaret Givens, John Carrol Pickel (middle name, see WWII written record) m. Ethel G. Street, Ruth A. Pickel, Earl D. Pickel, "D.H." m Marian A. Shrope,
4. May Pickel, Mary
5. Emma Pickel
6. George C. Pickel m Lillian M. ???
7. Edward Oscar Pickel (listed in brother John Sharp Pickel’s obit as surviving him)
8. Levi Pickel
9. Jonathan Pickel
Anyone with information, please reply.