Pilger or Pilgar Family of Ontario
I'm looking for any information on the Pilger Family. This is the information I have so far. Elizabeth Pilgar born 13 Sept 1856(Ontario?) died 20 Jan 1914 Kerns Twp, Ontario
She was married to Charles Quinton born 6 Sept 1852(Ontario?) and he died 9 June 1911 Kerns Twp, Ontario. Both buried in the New Liskeard Pioneer Cemetery.
Children of Charles and Elizabeth:
1) William Philip born 1 Sept 1884 Muskoka and died 4 June 1951 Hudson Twp. Married to Elva Aleen Baker and they had 5 children (Ervin, Florence, Henry, William Milton, and Emma)Henry and Emma died as infants
2)Daniel George Born 1 May 1886, spouse Bertrice Baldwin(married 13 July 1921)
3) Martha born 5 April 1887 and married on 23 March 1908 to Lewis Bowers(New Liskeard)
4) Jacob(known as Jake) born 11 June 1890 and died 20 April 1961(New Liskeard) Married twice. first to Sarah Ethel Herman and second to Chloa Jane Taylar
5) Author Thomas born 27 May 1892 and died 1967, spouse was Frances Pearl
6) Elizabeth Fannie born 13 Nov 1880 and died 20 May 1951 Neew Liskeard. Married to George Bowers on 10 Sept 1895 Watt Twp.
I have no information on the Pilger line and any help would be much appreciated. I have heard that her family came from Germany. I believe she came from somewhere in southern Ontario. I remember a Pilger family visiting the Quinton's farm in Hudson Twp. but don't remember any names.