I am currently doing the reasearch on the Pirnat tree I have information tracing back to 1786. I had been searching for years and I have a relative in Minnesota who has been to Slovenia. He had the Pirnat information that for years I did not have. I am posting the names here to see if anyone else might be related.
Valentin Pirnat married (1) Marija Znidersic they had 5 children: Ursula, Magdalena, Terezija, Luka and Mihael. She died October 07, 1781. Married (2) Elizabeth Gornik in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia 3 children: Ursula, Jozef and Matija.
children of Valentine and Marija:
1. Ursula Pirnat was born August 04, 1771
2. Magdalena Pirnat was born July 07, 1774
3. Terezija Pirnat was born September 16, 1775
4. Luka Pirnat was born August 04, 1777
5. Mihael Pirnat was born July 28, 1779
children of Valentin and Elizabeth:
6. Ursula Pirnat was born October 17, 1783
7. Jozef Pirnat was born March 06, 1786
8. Matija Pirnat was born February 22, 1796
7. Jozef Pirnat (father-Valentine)was born March 06, 1786 married Marija Okelie 9 children: Marija, Natevz, Ursula, Margareta, Helenn, Jozef, Jakob and Martin.
1. Marija Pirnat b 1810
2. Natevz Pirnat b August 16, 1812
3. Ursula Pirnat b June 23, 1818
4. Margareta Pirnat b 1821
5. Helenn Pirnat b 1824
6. Jozef Pirnat (Valentine) was born March 16, 1826
7. Jakob Pirnat b April 28, 1830 d 1854
8. Martin Pirnat (Jozef, Valentine) was born November 08, 1833 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia married Margareta Poja (Moditz?) on July 07, 1862 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia. She was born June 07, 1837 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia and died October 28, 1919 in Yugoslavia. In Slovenia the original house still stands. During the war allot of the men, our relatives, in all the towns were rounded up and killed. About 300 men. You could not remain neutral because the Germans would kill you or the Communist would. Pirnat's had much land, there is a saw mill attached to the house Christina (nee Pirnat) has the house. Mountains by house with a river looking over a damn. Pirnat house ran the sawmill also ran a generator that ran the whole town. Pirnat’s were one of the first to build there. In Slovenia our cousin Frank Pirnat raises Lipizzon horses. 9 children: Margareta, Mraija, Janez, Franciska, Jozef, Anton, Franc, Terezija and Helena.
1. Margareta Pirnat (Martin, Jozef, Valentine) was born June 05, 1863 married Francetos (Franctom) Kochevar on July 05, 1886 in Yugoslavia. 1 child: Johanna. From Podloza 8.
1. Johanna Kochevar (Margareta, Martin, Jozef, Valentine) married Joseph Previtz 3 children: Joseph, Jennifer and Frank. Prevets
Children of Johanna Kochevar & Joseph Previtz:
1. Joseph Previtz b Abt. 1914
2. Jenny Marija Previtz
3. Frank Previtz b 1919 married Evelyn Kniffit
2. Mraija Pirnat was born July 08, 1865 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia, married Lovrencom Kochevar.
3. Janez Pirnat was born June 20, 1867 died October 01, 1868 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia.
4. Franciska Pirnat was born February 26, 1869 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia
5. Jozef Pirnat (Martin, Jozef, Valentine) was born February 20, 1871 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia married Franciska Zigmund July 03, 1899 in Yugoslavia. She is the daughter of George Zigmund and Ursala. She died June 23, 1945, Joseph died April 05, 1933 in Chisholm, St. Louis, Minnesota. 7 children: Ivanna, France, Franciska, Ana, Marija, Jozefa andKristina.
1. Ivanna Pirnat was born June 09, 1900 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia married Jakobom Janezio in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia.
2. France Pirnat was born March 26, 1904 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia. Married Neza Mlakar on November 25, 1935 in Tugoslavia. France was shot and killed in World War II near Ulake/Staritag. She was born January 18, 1908 from Vesevek 12. 2 children: Franc and Jozef.
1. Franc Oton Pirnat b November 17, 1936 Confirmed in the Church June 13, 1948.
2. Jozef Pirnat b March 24, 1940 Confirmed in the Church June 13, 1948.
(3rd child of Jozef and Franciska (Zigmund) Pirnat)
3. Franciska Pirnat was born September 24, 1905 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia married Krasevek from Vrhnika 19, Yugoslavia
4. Ana Pirnat b July 19, 1908 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia. Married Ivanje Maticie from Selo 36
5. Marija Pirnatborn November 24, 1909 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia, married Zigmund of Vrhnika, Yugoslavia.
6. Jozefa Pirnat born March 16, 1912 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia, married Znidarsic of Visevek 39
7. Kristina Pirnat November 22, 1915 married Tursic of Loz 41 Yugoslavia.
6. Anton Pirnat (Martin, Jozef, Valentine) was born January 17, 1875 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia, now Slovenia. When some came to America the name had the “i” taken out it’s now Pernat. Married Helena Zigmund, She is the daughter of George Zigmund and Ursala. Antone sent Helen his wife money to come and join him after he settled, they were married in Yugoslavia as far as I know. Anton changed his name from Pernat to Pender, by Charlie Wergerstien (?) for $10.00,whose office was over the 1st National Bank, in Meyer’s location. 4 children: Anton, John, Rudolph and Mary
(Anton Pender is my grandfather.)
7. Franc John Pernat (Martin, Jozef, Valentine) was born August 19, 1877 (came to America) married (1) Marij Skubitz 6 children: Mary, Frank, John, Rose, Joseph, and Charles.
6. Terezija Rose Pirnat (Martin, Jozef, Valentine) was born December 01, 1880 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia married Jacob Gregorich9 children: Mary, Jaccob, Anton, Vincent, Rose, Andrew, Frances, Jan and Helen.
7. Helen Pirnat (Martin, Jozef, Valentine) was born June 10, 1884 in Vrhnika, Yugoslavia married Anton William Smolich bef 1904 in White Aurora, St Louis, Minnesota. He was born December 07, 1871 and diedMay 09, 1965 Helena died June 23, 1965 in White Aurora, St Louis, Minnesota, they are buried in Minnesota. 9 children: Anthony, Frank, Rudolph, Albin, Edward, Wes, Henry, John and Helen.
Source: from the Parish Files at Staritrg near Lozu on February 3, 1960.
Hope you can understand this. There relationships to their fathers Anton's father was (Martin) Anton's grandfather was first (Martin, [then]Jozef) and so on.
Hope this helps......would like to contact you.