Re: Martin James Pitts, Sr. born 1787 SC d. abt May 1843 in Pike Co., Ga.
Martin J. Pitts, Sr. is stated to have a son Martin James Pitts, Jr. so it makes sense to me that he was named after his father.However, I do not have access to the history mentioned nor the LWT, do you?
# ID: I116
# Name: Martin J. PITTS , Sr.
# Sex: M
# Birth: ABT. 1793 1
# Death: ABT. MAY 1843 in Pike County
# Fact 10: Arrived in Pike Co. about 1829 ref. History of Pike Co.
# Event: Last Will & T info Copy of his will in History of Upson Co. dated March 3/26/1842
Martin Pitts Will was dated March 26, 1842 he names Stanmore Pitts and Allen Pitts in it as heirs.
Wilkes Co. Papers show Martin Pitts VS John Dibgy, debt August term 1815
Marriage 1 Elizabeth RAY b: ABT. 1793 in GA
* Married: 22 DEC 1812 in Wilkes Co. Georgia by Jacob Tarver, at St Paul's Parish 2
1. Has Children Stanmore Butler PITTS , Sr. b: ABT. 1816 in Georgia
2. Has Children Gabriel Soloman PITTS b: 8 MAY 1821 in Wilkes Co. Georgia
3. Has No Children Jesse Martin PITTS b: 18 JAN 1824
4. Has No Children Henry PITTS b: ABT. 1827 in GA
5. Has Children Martin James PITTS , Jr b: 1828 in Wilkes GA
6. Has No Children Thomas A. PITTS b: ABT. 1830
7. Has No Children Jane(Ann?) PITTS b: ABT. 1832
8. Has Children Larkin R. PITTS b: ABT. 1834 in Georgia
9. Has No Children Columbus PITTS b: ABT. 1836
10. Has Children Allen W. PITTS b: ABT. 1838
11. Has Children Susan Sarah PITTS b: OCT 1838 in Wilkes Co. Georgia
1. US Census 1830 Pike Co. Georgia
2. Wilkes Co. Georgia, Family History Library page 9,431