Price NJ- 1900's: Millard, Hazel, Jno, Peter, Chas, Jms, Fred, Scotty, Cath,Walt
I have been researching my Price family and found that they immigrated to the Massachusetts area in the early 1600's then migrated to Long Island and settled in ELizabeth town NJ.There, in Elizabeth 4 Price brother's served as privates in the Revolutionary War as continentals and were taken prisoner by the British on January 25th 1780 the same night the church was burned.They were released (thank goodness for we wouldn't be here if they werent').Our Patriot's son helped found and was an elder of the Second Presbyterian church in Elizabeth.After, the family migrated to Newark where they remained for 2 generations and then as large families do, scattered to the four winds.
I am the granddaughter of the youngest child of Fred and Katherine Price.If anyone is part of this family and would like to see what I have so far (8 generations beyond Fred), I'd be happy to share.I'd love to hear from my cousins and hope that someone out there has a family bible or letters written by our ancestors...I do know that my grandfather, Walter and his brother Scotty were put in the Bonnie Brae home for troubled boys, for a few years, but I have failed to find any record of this...both boys are on the 1920 and 1930 census's.Apparently they had been running with the wrong crowd.
Children of Frederick M. and Catherine E. Price:
1. Hazel Price ca. 1896, NJ, married Rinker? (was told she had 13 children, on 1930 census there are: Edward, Milton Buelah, Hazel, Blanche, Jean, Donald, twins Andrey and Arnold, and Shirley.)
2. Millard M. Price ca. 1898, NJ, married Mary Munch?(Census says ELizabeth and children Felice, Marie and Edythe. Died in Bayville?)
3. John W. Price ca. 1900, NJ
4. Peter Roy Price 2/6/1902, NJ-Oct. 1980 FL
5. Charles W. Price 3/10/1904, NJ-May 1968, Broward County, FL, Second wife last name Munch?
6. James Price 3/10/1904, NJ-Dec. 1985 Berkeley Heights, NJ
7. Frederick M. Price, Jr. ca. 1907, NJ, married Pricilla?
8. Catherine E. Price ca. 1909, NJ married Albert Bruder?daughter named Janet who worked with Woody Allen?
9. Scott Milton Price 9/10/1911, NJ
10. Walter Price 12/29/1914, NJ-11/13/1989 Piscataway, NJ.Sons Walter, Albert and Jimmy.