Looking to find what happened to Frederick Mulford PRICE,(my great-grandfather) born in Newark in 1868 to George W Price and Imogene Wood.It seems that out of George and Imogene's several children, only Frederick married and continued the Price line.(George W did have a sister named Henrietta Tucker.)
Fred's parents and siblings are buried in Evergreen Cemetery in Hillside NJ in Lot #105 section G or C...(George Sr, Imogene Wood, George W. Jr, Maud C., Roy, Jennie M., Charles W. W., & Imogene C.)I am told that Catherine (nee:MILLER) Price, Fred's wife is buried in Livingston, NJ but I've yet to find her grave.
Anyway I am told that Frederick Mulford PRICE was a bit of a rolling stone or just fell into some bad luck, because he is only home up to the 1910 census.After that he just disappears leaving his wife and numerous children.From family lore, the family was a rough-and-tumble crowd.Frederick may have been a muralist for some buildings in Newark, but nothing else is known.I am told that he abandoned his family never to be seen again.
I am just wondering what happened to him...did he die or run off?Since he had 10 children, there may be other relatives out there searching for answers.I've traced the Price line back to one of the original associates of ELIZABETHTOWN, NJ.Ralph Price an ancestor, fought in the Rev War (I'm looking for his DAR info), Ralph's son Elihu Price helped found the Second Presbyterian Church in Elizabeth, NJ.The PRICE family resided in ELizabeth, NJ for 5 generations before my branch moved to Newark.
Children of Frederick Mulford Price and Catherine Miller (of Germany) are:
1. Hazel Price ca. 1896, NJ, married RINKER? I was told she had 13 children, (On 1930 census there are: Edward, Milton Buelah, Hazel, Blanche, Jean, Donald, twins Andrey and Arnold, and Shirley.)
2. Millard M. Price ca. 1898, NJ, married Mary MUNCH? (Census says ELizabeth and children Felice, Marie and Edythe. Died in Bayville, NJ?)
3. John W. Price ca. 1900, NJ
4. Peter Roy Price 2/6/1902, NJ died Oct. 1980 FL
5. Charles W. Price 3/10/1904, NJ died May 1968, Broward County, FL, Second wife last name MUNCH?
6. James Price 3/10/1904, NJ, died Dec. 1985 Berkeley Heights, NJ
7. Frederick M. Price, Jr. ca. 1907, NJ, married Pricilla?
8. Catherine E. Price ca. 1909, NJ, married Albert BRUDER? (I am told that daughter named Janet who worked on films with Woody Allen.)
9. Scott Milton Price 9/10/1911, NJ
***10. Walter Price 12/29/1914, NJ died 11/13/1989, Piscataway, NJ. Sons: Walter, Albert, and James.
Thanks, Andrea Price-Johnson