Chris- I have some dates and names which may help you. James was the son of Benjamin and Jean Provance, b.1-?-1807, Fayette Co., PA, d., 3-3-1861, Greene Co., PA. buried Fairview Cemetery. Married Susan Swearingen, b.11-19-1814, d.9-27-1860, also buried Fairview, doughter of Stull Swearingen. Of their children:
Rebecca Ann, b.c1833, married Robert Davis.
Malinda, b.c1835, married Robert Temple.
Joseph, b.7-8-1837, died young.
Joseph R., b.c1839, Fayette Co., PA, married 1st ?, who died in 1887. Married 2nd, 5-17-1893, Jennie Gould, daughter of Adam and Rachel Gould.
James, b.c 1842.
Elizabeth Jane, b.c1844, married James E.A. Altman.
Louisa Jane, b.c1844, married Samuel Duran.
Pleasant, married Myers Altman.
Benjamin F., b.7-5-1837, Fayette Co., PA, died same 10-17-1913, buried Brethern Church Cemetery, married 1st, Anna Mitchner, 1858, divorced 1864. No record of children. Married 2nd, Malinda Sterling, 12-22-1864, Greene Co., PA. She died 4-30-1911, and buried Brethern Church Cemetery. All their children used the Provins spelling of the name. They13 kids were:
1. Jonathan Cassius,b.11-12-1865, d.1939, buried Mennonite Cemetery, Fayette Co., PA, married 9-15-1888, Rebecca Almira Deffenbaugh, b.1868, d.1941, buried same, daughter of Christian and Catherine Deffenbaugh. Their children:
Christian Ray, b.3-7-1890
James Homer, b.12-22-1892, d.4-22-1901,buried in Mennonite Cemetery.
Perry V.,b.12-12-1898, married ?, only child identified is Perry, Jr, b.3-29-1930, married 1st to Regina Buckland, married 2nd Irene Kopko, b.5-15-1928.
2. James Andrew, b.9-10-1867, d.8-24-1945 in Monongalia Co., WV, buried Masontown Cemetery, married Cora Walters, b.4-25-1878, d.2-6-1941, buried Mennonite Cemetery. 3 kids
Asa Austin, Andrew Roy & James Ray.
3. Clara, b.2-19-1869
4. Lowery Leslie, b.9-2-1870,d.9-12-1949, married 9-13-1892 to Mae Deffenbaugh, b.4-4-1872, d.11-26-1928, buried at Spring Hope Cemetery. She was sister if Jon's wife Rebecca. 6 kids: Rella Marie, Katie, Carrie Mae, Lowery Curtis, Ruth Irene & Lloyd.
5. Alice, b.9-2-1870, married Ellsworth Colonel Wilcox, 9-8-1892.
6. Charles Longanacker, b.3-30-1872
7. Mary Susan, b.6-27-1875, married 10-28-1899 to Homer S. Laucks.
8. Franklin Tilden, b.5-18-1877, married Beatrice ?.
9. Charity Viola, b.9-?-1879, married a Mr. Schiffbauer. Daughter Maude, b.7-22-1900.
10. Cora Almeda, b.4-19-1881, married a Mr. Ramsey.
11. Rebecca W., b.7-18-1883.
12. Tersea K., b.7-18-1883, married 1-25-1902 to Walter K. Burke.
13. Christian C., b.7-29-1885.
I have some more info on Jon, James and Lowery's family if you are interested.