Would like to connect with the family of my gg aunt, Sarah Ann DAVIES PURCELL.Sarah was b. 1868, to Samuel and Mary Ann (HEIGHWAY) DAVIES, and married _____________ (Albert?Jack?)PURCELL, perhaps ~1890-1900, likely in Staffordshire, as this is where many of their children were found in the 1960s.
My grandmother travelled to England in the 1960s and visited with all these cousins.I have a picture of them from this timeframe, but would like to connect prior to my UK trip this year or next.The contact info I have is 35+ years old.
Sarah and Mr. Purcell had:
1.Albert E. PURCELL, who married Nelli ___. Albert E. Purcell.Married to Nelli.When Albert died in 1967, Nelli was still alive.Two children:
A) Jack Purcell.Married and had two daughters: Cathryn A., b. ~1956 and Elaine, b. abt 1957.
B) Albert Purcell.Albert married June 8, 1963 and had two sons, after 1964.
2. Florence Purcell.Married ________ Butler.By 1964, she was a widow and had two "living" children, so more may have been born.In 1964, it appears that Florence, her son Horace, and her niece Dorothy (Purcell) Hough, all live on Moxley Road.Were these houses close by?Their address:137 Fairview, Moxley Road, Wednesbury, So. Staffordshire, England.(1964)
Their children are:
A) Horace Butler.Address:137 Fairview, Moxley Road, Wednesbury, So. Staffordshire, England.(1964)
Had daughter Patricia, b. abt 1948, and Thomas, b. abt 1941.
B) Florence "Flossie" Butler.Married Douglas E. Beet.Address:21 Hadley Road, Bilston, So. Staffordshire, England WV-146-RX.I met Flossie when she spent one summer in the U.S., mid 1960s! They had one son, b. abt 1947?
C) _________________Butler (female twin to Florence), died at age 8.
3. Alice Purcell.Married _______Gough.They had one daughter:
A). Dorothy Gough.Married Charles Hough.They have two children:1) Gillian Hough, born about 1954, and Andrew Hough.In the 1960s, I wrote to Gillian, who would be my 3rd cousin.
4. Carrie Purcell.Married Charles Coates. Address:2 Round Road, Daisy Bank. So.Staffs, England (1964). They have two children:
A) Betty Coates, born about 1937.Married Harry Beddow.In 1964, they had no children and lived with their mother Carrie.Address:2 Round Road, Daisy Bank. So.Staffs, England (1964).
B) Eric Coates, married in 1963.
5. Elsie Purcell.Married Bertram Jones.Address:53 King Edward St., Darlaston, So. Staffordshire, England (1964). Have one child:
A) AnnJones.Married Leonard Woodcock before 1964, and later divorced (no children, 1967).At one time, they lived with her mother in her home.Address:53 King Edward St., Darlaston, So. Staffordshire, England.
6. May Purcell.Unmarried.Died at the age of 24.