Cumberland Clabo Reynolds (16th Battalion, GA Cavalry, CSA) is as far back
as I have traced my Reynolds' ancestors. Below is the chart for one of
Cumberland Clabo's sons. This son, William Nixon Reynolds, married Rosena
Cumberland Clabo (C. C.) Reynolds, was b. ca. 1833 in GA, and his wife, Mary
Catherine Fowler was b. ca. 1836 in SC.
C. C. Reynolds and Mary C. Reynolds, nee Fowler, are enumerated in the 1850
Putnam Co GA Census in the household of J. C. Fowler and his wife Nancy
Fowler, presumed parents of Mary C. Reynolds.
C. C.'s widow, Mary C. Reynolds, filed for a pension as a resident of Clarke
Co GA. Her pension was later transferred to Oconee Co GA and then to Banks
Mary Reynolds is enumerated as the head of household #480 in the 1870 Clarke
Co GA Census. In her household were: Nancy aged 19, Josephine, 17; Mary Ellen, 13;
William, 11; Jasper, 9; and Walter, 2.
William, aged 11 in the 1870 Census, was William Nixon Reynolds, b. 02 Jan
1859, in Jasper Co GA. He married Rosena Victoria CONNELL before 1879,
probably in Clarke Co GA.
Rosena Victoria's parents are buried in a 3-Grave Cemetery on property now
owned by the University of GA in Athens, Clarke Co GA.
There are 3 headstones with poems on them within an iron picket fence and
one headstone outside the fence. I assume that the one outside (Wm
Robertson) is not related. I think that the third grave inside is Rosena Victoria's
grandmother, but I am not sure.
The names and dates on the headstones inside the iron picket fence are:
1. Mrs. Charlotte Caudle/ Born May 17th 1788/ Died August 24, 1866.
2. Elizabeth Connell/ Wife of G. J. Connell/ Born September 5, 1826/ Died
June 7, 1888.
3. Green J. Connell/ Born May 10, 1830/ Died May 4, 1901/ Aged 70 years 11
months 25 days.
My grandmother was:
Mary Gertrude Reynolds Sims (1891-1921) buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, East
Newnan, Coweta Co GA.
She was the daughter of:
William Nixon Reynolds (1859-1904) and his first wife,
Rosena Victoria Connell (1860-1901)-
William Nixon Reynolds was born in Jasper Co GA.
Both William Nixon Reynolds and Rosena Victoria Connell Reynolds are buried
in the cemetery of Princeton United Methodist Church, near Athens, Clarke Co
William Nixon Reynolds married 2nd, Myrtle Clarene Rice (1882-1969).
Myrtle Rice Reynolds married 2nd Walter S. Mealor, Jr.; married 3rd Thomas
The children of William Nixon Reynolds and Rosena Victoria Connell were:
1. Ira Alen Reynolds (1879-1938), m. Alma E. Grantham, 1899 (?).
2. Roger Nixon Reynolds (1882-1969), m. Sidney Gladys Baxter, 1914.
3. Frederick Jackson Reynolds (1884-after 1982) m. Anna Kellogg, 1912.
4. Henry Linton Reynolds (1886-1977), m. Leavie Wallace, 1912.
5. Nina Elizabeth Reynolds (1888-after 1982), m. Marcus Sylvester Thurman,
6. Mary Gertrude Reynolds (1891-1921), m. Wade Hampton Sims, 1909.
7. William Cumberland Reynolds (1893-after 1982), m. Margaret Claridy, 1924.
8. Emily Victoria Reynolds (1897-1928), m. John N. Slay, 1916.
Child of William Nixon Reynolds and Myrtle Clarene Rice was: Sabra Reynolds
Franklin Ingram, Raleigh, NC email@example.com