Joseph Sherin, Sherron,Sherion or Sharon, Savon: from Wales
On my husband's ancestors of Mary Eliza Gibbs, the book on the death register index copy it has Mary Eliza's parents as Joseph Savon from Wales and her mother Mary Elizabeth Hadrige. I double checked the information that was typed and it was the same as the microfilm information.
After I asked for this post I have found out from a bible page of one of Mary Eliza's daughter that in her husband's bible the family information was written down as Joseph Sharon. In a census on Mary Eliza's sister she has it Sherron. In a census I believe of Joseph it looks like Sherion or Shearon.
Mary Eliza also says for an 1880 census that her mother Mary Elizabeth Hardredge is from S C and then the 1900 census it has VA. Her father Joseph is always written as Wales and yet finding them is a brick wall. I have only one census of them and no more information. I believe they have been in VA, SC, MD, then maybe Tenn and MO. Did they stay or go back to VA? Are they with one of their 9 children in a census? Well, two of the boys die young so maybe from the 6 others? Who knows they might have gone with their last daughter to Oregon but died somewhere on the way from MO to OR. What if they didn't follow the white wagon trains, what route might they have taken?
The children's names are
1. Cynthia m. Moses Gee or Gec
2. Elisabeth m. John Moore
4. Patsy m. Harback
5. Moses m. twice: Polly Bennett, Emily Turner
6. Caroline m. Archie Chitwood, later another researcher wrote m. Absolem Day- info. isn't infront of me. I'm just rememberin
7. James died on his way home from serving as a Volunteer in the war against the Comanche Indians.
8. Ginsy, James twin died at infancy
9. Mary Eliza our relative m. Barna G. Gibbs, married in1845. I can't find their marriage copy yet.
Do these names sound familiar?