Tracy / Silvers connection Rowan County NC?
The Michael Tracy I search is thought to be born in Ireland and came to the colonies before the Revolutionary War, and was a Loyalist during the war.My first information on Michael is in Rowan Co., NC (now Davidson County)
200 acre grant Aug 11, 1778 on Abbot's Creek
Other land deals until July 18, 1805 in this area for several hundred acres buying and selling with Jacob Huff, Joseph Parke, Jonathon Hunt, and Henry Pott.Other families he dealt with in that area,(or were neighbors with):
Jacob Beck, Lewis Winkler, John Wilson, Devault Kepley from Montgomery and Berks Co., PA, Philip Garner, Thomas Coyle,
Hugh McCrery, Patrick Coyle, Elijah Merrell, Henry McCulloh, Anthony Hindle, Alexander and John R. Asbill, John Lopp, William Moore, Catherine Miller, John Blackman Morfield, John Blaase, John Silvers, Catherine Ratz?, Conrad Brem.
Michael and Hannah are mentioned in the book, "Saints and Sinners at Jersey Settlement, The Story of Jersey Baptist Church".They were among many to join the church in 1802.They were mentioned in the minutes until 1806 when an Michal Tracy and Hannah were among many leaving the church.Five men were engaged in a serious misunderstanding: James Paterson, Michal Tracy, David Englan, John Hunt and Josiah Owen.On July 18, 1805, Michael sold 120 acres to Henry Potts, adjacent to John Dancey, John Smith, Zebulin Board (Beard), which Michael had obtained in 1796.Witnessed by Samuel Ducenbery.
By June of 1807 Michael and his wife Hannah had moved into Barren/Allen County, KY area and by Jan. 1819 was living in Sumner County, TN (a neighboring county to Allen).I have been interested in the Tracys in Montgomery Co., Frederick Co., and Prince George County Maryland, but haven't been able to tie Michael into any of them.
Michael and Hannah's children were:
1. John Tracy (1785-1857) married Rachel Dillon (1779-1825), daughter of William Dillon.
2. James Tracy (1787-1860+) married Lydia Randall abt 1810, daughter of Joseph Randall and Rebecca Colquitte (from Berks Co., PA
3. Isaac Coulson Tracy (1794-1862) married Byrna Serena Woods
4. William Tracy (1795-
5. Mary J. Tracy (1802-1834) Drury Easley, son of John and Joyce Easley.
6. Michael Tracy Jr. (1798- ) married 1) Patsy Gregory 2) Julia Waterford.
7. Rebecca Tracy (abt 1795-) married David Bales
8. Elizabeth Tracy (abt 1800 -) married William Dillon.
9. Judge Durham Douglas Tracy (1805-1876) married 1) Edith Alsup, daughter of David Alsup and Martha Grant 2) Nancy Jane King.
10. Martha Tracy (1800+ -) married Joseph Ellis.
Any connections with the above families would be greatly appreciated.Thanks, Freddy Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org