[Figure I'd repost this response to Judy Stickney's message, in order to give it its own subject header] ------------------------------
My wife's Sticken tree (all in Huron County Michigan, the tip of the 'thumb', and all farmers) are as follows:
Henry Sticken (b 1847 in Prussia) + Mary Miller (b 1854 in Prussia) Don't know if they came to America MARRIED or not, but my guess at this pint is 'no'. I am guessing they met in Michigan, as their children were all born here.
1) August F. Sticken (b 1876 in MI): doesn't appear to have married
2) Anna M. Sticken (b 1877): I'm told she married 'late in life' and had no kids--she is 'single' at the age of 40 in 1920 census, which means her birthdate may be off a year or so.
3) Caroline R. Sticken (b 1879): Possibly died young
4) Henry W. Sticken (b 9 Apr 1884) (d 19 Jan 1969 in Los Angeles, CA) + Helen E. ____ (b 26 Sept 1882 in USSR) (d. 28 Jun 1961 in Los Angeles, CA) I don't think they had any kids
5) Emma S. Sticken (b 4 Jul 1886): Told she moved to Hancock, TX near brother Fred. Told she married and had 2 children.
6) Ernest Sticken (b 11 Jul 1888) (d Aug 1973 in Midland, MI [Brookfield Twp]) + Lydia A. ____ (b 1 May 1893) (d 21 Oct 1974 in Midland, MI) 6.1) Velta Sticken (b 1915) 6.2) Bernice Sticken (b 1918)
7) Mary C. Sticken (b 8 Nov 1890): Possibly died young
8) John H. Sticken + Caroline Volz (d. 1944) 8.1) Elanore Sticken (d 26 Dec 2003): married Arnold Weiss (d. 1997) in Pigeon, MI) 8.2) (twins) Arthur A. Sticken (b. 17 Mar 1924) (d. 10 Aug 1989): Never married. 8.3 (twins) Arnold Sticken (b. 17 Mar 1924): married Janet ____, and he is still alive today.
+ Martha Brady 8.4 Wallace Sticken (b. 1912?): Told he died after graduating from college in quarry accident.
9) Fred Sticken: Don't know anytihng about him (yet). Told he lived in TX.
Well, I HOPE that someone somewhere can tie us all in together. I agree that STICKEN is an unusual name, even in Prussia (Germany), so don't pooh-pooh the idea that YOUR 1800-1850 Stickens and MY 1800-1850 Stickens aren't siblings. Hope to hear from you soon! :-)