Re: Thomas W. Stokely, 1789, Warren Co. NC
Here is info on Thomas W. Stokely and he is a son of Jehu Stokely and Nancy Neil.
Thomas Stokely is the son of Jehu Stokely and Nancy Neil.
Name: Thomas STOKELY
* Sex: M
* Birth: 26 JUL 1789 in Warren Co. NC
* Death: 21 APR 1836 in Houston, Tx
* Reference Number: 56
1. Died in the Battle of San Jacinto in Texas
2. Grandfather, Thomas W. Stokely came with his family from Tennessee in 1833, location at Nacagdoches. The family consisted of his wife, 5 so Sons and 4 daughters, namely: JOHN, ISSAC, JAMES, JOHN (listed 2 times in this document) HENRY, NANCY, SARAH, SUSAN, MARY ELLEN. The father enlisted in the war with Mexico about 1835 and was never heard of afterward. A few years later, about 1840, the family moved to Upshur Co, TX, locating near Gilmer, TX. We have no trace whatever of The two first named sons. But I remember well the remainder of the family. Grandmother Stokely and her son James both died at the Writer home at Winnsboro in 1880. James Stokely had no family. John Stokely died in 1894 in Dublin Erath Co.,TX. I think he had one survive only, a son named Frank. But Frank's whereabouts are unknown. Henery Stokely died at his home near Winnsboro about 1900. Surviving him are 3 sons and 2 daughters, namely:THOMAS, MACK AND HENRY of Upshur con, TX; KINCHIE of Winnsboro, MRS PYNES of Picton, TX and MRS HAY, of OK.
Father: Jehu STOKELY b: 1747 in Wales, British Isles
Mother: Nancy NEIL b: 1760 in Charleston S Carolina
Marriage 1 Mary Ellen Axley STOKLEY b: 1793 in Virginia
1. John STOKLEY b: 18 MAR 1814 in Cocke Co., Tn
2. IsaacJehu STOKLEY b: 1822 in Tennessee
3. James STOKLEY b: 1823 in tennessee
4. Thomas Jr STOKLEY b: 1824 in Tennessee
5. Henry STOKLEY b: 1825 in Tennessee
6. Nancy STOKLEY b: 1827
7. Sarah STOKLEY b: 9 MAR 1829 in Haywood Co. Tennessee
8. Susan STOKLEY b: 3 APR 1831 in Haywood Co. Tennessee
9. Mary Ellen STOKLEY b: 10 JAN 1833
Hope this information helps you in your research.
Mary Stokely McKillop