I purchased the subject set of eleven family photos at an antiques store in Greensboro, NC.I researched the names on ancestry.com.
Merritt Arthur Stoner, born 17 Aug 1910 in IL, died 26 Sep 1991 in Polk Co., FL, was the son of Arthur Stoner, born 9 Jun 1886 in IL, died 1957 in Polo, Ogle Co., IL, and Mabel Good, born about 1888, died 1971 in Polo, Ogle Co., IL.On 27 Sep 1947, in New Bethel, Rockingham Co., NC, Merritt married Notra Octovia Farrar, born 28 May 1912 in Rockingham, Richmond Co., NC, died 19 Jun 2004 in Stokesdale, Guilford Co., NC.Notra and/or her survivors are the likely sources for these photos, possibly through an estate sale.Merritt was married once before, to Pearl (maiden name unknown), born about 1910 in IL.Merritt's siblings were Maxine Lois Stoner, born 1 Jan 1917, died 20 Jan 1918, and Carl L. Stoner, born about 1921.
Mabel Good was the daughter of Benjamin Walker Good, born 20 Jan 1858 in Polo, Ogle Co., IL, died 23 Feb 1934 in Polo, Ogle Co., IL, and Emma Elizabeth Valentine, born 10 Seop 1866, died 1951 in Polo, Ogle Co., IL.Mabel's siblings were Marian Good, and Raymond Orville Good, born 4 Feb 1886 in Ogle Co., IL, died 1958 in Ogle Co., IL.
Emma Elizabeth Valentine was the daughter of Abraham Valentine and Susan (maiden name unknown).
Raymond Orville Good married Janet M. Walker, born about 1888, died 1978 in Polo, Ogle Co., IL.The couple had three children: Donald Orville Good, born 7 Mar 1910 in Polo, Ogle Co., IL; Jennette Good, born about 1912, and Dorothy Good, born about 1915.
The photos are described below.
1. Circa 1910 photo of middleaged couple, identified on the back of the mount:
"BENJAMIN WALKER GOOD - BORN JAN 20, 1858
EMMA ELIZABETH GOOD -BORN SEPT. 10, 1866
MARRIED FEB. 25, 1885
My father & mother
2. Circa 1910 photo of middleaged couple, identified on the back of the mount:
3. 1907 photo of young woman taken by Chase & Forreston, Polo, IL, identified on the back of the mount:
4. Circa 1910 photo (RPPC) of infant, identified on the back:
5. Circa 1913 photo of toddler taken by Chase Studio Co., identified on the back of the mount:
6. Dulicate print of Photo 5, unmounted, not identified
7. 1913 photo of elderly woman, middleaged woman, young man, young woman, and two boys, identified on the front:
Raymond G. & Don
Mabelle Stoner & Merritt
and on the back:
Raymond Good & Donald
Mabelle Stoner & Merritt.
SPRING OF 1913"
8. Circa 1920s snapshot of three young men and three boys, identified on the back:
9. Circa 1940s color photo of elderly couple, identified on the back:
"MERRITT'S MOTHER & FATHER"
10. Circa 1940s photo of two elderly women, identified on the back:
MERRITT'S MOTHER & AUNT MARIAN"
11. Circa 1910s snapshot of commerial building front, with sign above window reading:
"STONER MOTOR CO.
CARS AND TRUCKS"
Contact me for free scans.