Re: Jacob Studer 1711 Grafenreid, Switzerland
My husband has been in the hospital for sugery and follow-ups, so sorry I overlooked your message.
There is a STUDER family tree [handwritten] of relatives in Switzerland with the names I have made my pedigree chart:
1. HANS STUDER1500,no spouse
2. HANS STUDER1540,Barbara STEINER[Oberoesch, unless noted]
3. DURS [Urs] STUDER 1576, Verena HUBLER [Subler or Gubler]
4. PETER STUDER1614, Barbara BURKHALTER
5. DURS [Urs] STUDER1646, Anna BRUEGGIMANN
6. PETER STUDER1673, Anne SCHNEIDER
7. PETER STUDER1698, Barbara BAUMBERGER 1712
8. PETER STUDER1744, Maria HIRSIGER 1741
9. KASPAR STUDER1772 [Heimiswil], Anna Barbara SCHNEIDER 1776
10. SAMUEL STUDER 1814 [Ersigen], Maria BRUNNER 1808
11. JACOB STUDER 1845, Anna BUETIKOFER
This family came to the USA about 1882 to OH, IL, IN.
12. EMIL GUSTAVE STUDER & Lettie Lena EASTWOOD b. IL
13. ANDREW ARTHUR STUDER & Bonnie HIXSON
14. ANDREW ARTHUR STUDER & Ruth SORENSEN [me]
An interesting note on the legend of the family tree from a Bern, Bern, Switzerland relative is that some of the early Studers were farmers, but when one or two sons went to the village, they became wagon maker and changed their names to WAGONER.I do not have much on the wives of the STUDER men.
Right now I do not have the correct dates for your Hans, Peter, Niclaus, and Jacob.
Have you read any of the Bern church records on microfilm from the LDS Church?I have verified a few the dates when I could read the record on film.
Thank you for your message.