Henry Sutton [Mary's father] ancestral lineage follows - please respond if you have additional info regarding Mary Sutton spouse[s].
Joseph Sutton - Grandfather
b. a May 1693
d. 17 Mar 1762
Priscilla Langstaff -Grandmother
b. c 1694
d. 17 Mar 1762
Joseph Sutton was born after May 1693 at Piscataway, Raritan Township, Middlesex County, New Jersey. He was the son of Thomas Sutton and Mary Adams. He married Priscilla Langstaff on 25 December 1718 at Piscataway, Raritan Township, Middlesex County, New Jersey. He died on 17 March 1762 at Piscataway, Raritan Township, Middlesex County, New Jersey.1 He was buried on 20 March 1762 at Piscataway Cemetery, Piscataway, Raritan Township, Middlesex County, New Jersey.2 His estate was probated after 20 March 1762 at Piscataway, Middlesex County, New Jersey; Inventory, 24 Apr. 1762. (Lib H, p. 92) (Calendar of Wills, Vol. XXXIII).
He made a will at Piscataway, Raritan Township, Middlesex County, New Jersey, on 23 October 1754.
Children of Joseph Sutton and Priscilla Langstaff
* Martha Sutton+ b. 10 Sep 1719, d. b 1754
* Sarah Sutton b. 1 Dec 1721
* Henry Sutton+ b. 6 Apr 1724, d. 8 Oct 1806
* Joseph Sutton b. 15 Feb 1729
* Jacob Sutton+ b. 3 Jul 1730, d. 4 Oct 1814
* Sarah Sutton b. 9 Feb 1734
* Priscilla Sutton b. 14 Apr 1735
1. [S1251] Dr. Ezra M. Hunt, Piscatawaytown Graveyard.
2. [S427] "Genealogical Magazine of NJ", January 2001, Vol. 76, No. 1, Whole Number 262, p. 13 (Middlesex County Gravestones, Piscataway Cemetery, Edison Township).
Thomas Sutton – grt granddad
b. 11 Nov 1669
d. a 1754
Thomas Sutton was born on 11 November 1669 at Eastham, Barnstable County, Massachusetts. He was the son of William Sutton and Damaris Bishop. He married Mary Adams in April 1693 at Woodbridge, Woodbridge Township, Middlesex County, New Jersey.1 He died after 1754 at New Jersey.Thomas Sutton was a member of Col. Thomas Farmer's New Jersey Militia Regiment, 4th Co. (1715) Piscataway.2
Children of Thomas Sutton and Mary Adams
* Joseph Sutton+ b. a May 1693, d. 17 Mar 1762
* Rachel Sutton b. 27 Mar 1696
* Benjamin Sutton b. 19 Jan 1698, d. 27 Sep 1769
* Samuel Sutton+ b. 16 Mar 1700
* Hannah Sutton b. 16 Mar 1700
* Nathaniel Sutton b. 23 May 1701
* Thomas Sutton+ b. c 1705
1. [S417] Sutton-Adams, Marriage.
2. 0:3; Colonial Series, Vol. 1, pp 526 et seq
William Sutton – 2nd grt grands
b. c 1641
d. 28 Apr 1718
b. c 1645
d. 6 Feb 1683
William Sutton was born circa 1641 at Scituate, Plymouth County, Massachusetts. He married Damaris Bishop, daughter of Richard Bishop and Alice Martin, on 11 July 1666 at Eastham, Barnstable County, Massachusetts. He married Jane Barnes on 9 January 1685 at Piscataway, Raritan Township, Middlesex County, New Jersey. He died on 28 April 1718 at Piscataway, Raritan Township, Middlesex County, New Jersey.
William Sutton is fined in June 1666 at Barnstable, Massachusetts, M2.1 He was (an unknown value) in 1684 at New Jersey.2 17 February 1685/86 William Sutton received a Patent in Piscataway, for several small parcels of land.3
On 25 March 1687 William Sutton received a second Patent in Piscataway for 125 acres..4
Children of William Sutton and Damaris Bishop
* Alice Sutton b. 13 May 1668
* Thomas Sutton+ b. 11 Nov 1669, d. a 1754
* Mary Sutton b. 4 Oct 1671
* William Sutton b. c 1672
* Damaris Sutton b. c 1673, d. c 1733
* John Sutton+ b. 20 Apr 1674, d. 19 Dec 1750
* Judah Sutton+ b. 24 Jan 1675
* Richard Sutton+ b. 18 Jul 1676, d. Feb 1732
* Joseph Sutton b. 27 Jun 1678, d. 19 Dec 1682
* Benjamin Sutton b. 24 Feb 1681, d. 22 Dec 1682
* Daniel Sutton+ b. 25 Feb 1682, d. c 1761
Child of William Sutton and Jane Barnes
* Joseph Sutton b. 11 Sep 1693, d. 17 Mar 1772
1. [S1118] Treasury Accouts of New Plymouth: Fines of June Court, 1666).
William was fined 1 pound for taking a bible out of the meeting house in Barnstable..
2. [S1371] Frederick W. Ricord & Wm. Nelson, Colonial History of NJ Docs, Volume XIII, Journal of the Governor & Council, Vol 1, 1682-1714.
3. [S67] Nelson, Patents of NJ , page 75 of reprint from page 285 of East Jersey Deeds, etc., Liber "A".
Patent in Piscataway, for several small parcels.
1. a houselot of 22 acres, bounded E by Timothy Caute, W by a road, N and S by small brooks;
2. 19 acres of upland, bounded S by a road, N by a small brook, W by Thomas Farnsworth, E by George
3. 79 acres of upland, bounded SW by Doctor Henry Greenland, NE by Michael Symones, NW by Daniel
Leoington, SE by a small brook;
4. 4 acres of meadow, bounded S by James Godfrey, N by Vincent Rognion and Nicholas Munday, E by Richard
Smith, W by Robert Gannett and Peter Bellew.
4. [S67] Nelson, Patents of NJ , page 98 of reprint from page 95 of East Jersey Deeds, etc., Liber "B".
Twenty (25) acres being due to his wife Jane as headland, the other 100 acres being granted to William Sutton as an old settler; all bounded S by Edward Dunhame, E by John Randolph, N and W by unsurveyed land.