hello everyone, here we go, for cuz Carlene :
(p.s.Carlene, you gave me 13 kids for Charles and Geneviève Leroy.Tardif families of America's book lists 12 of them.Your Joseph number 2 is the same as your Joseph-Marie number 8.He was married twice.) (also, I don't have dates for each and everyone...)
1.(Male) Jean, born 29, baptized 30 of December 1716, in Charlesbourg.Married to Hélène Ouellet.He was farmer/agriculture.
2.(Female) Geneviève.Married to Jean Ouellet (brother of previous name's wife, see above.)(This Jean was a miller.)
3.(Female) Marie-Anne, born in 1720 ?, in Kamouraska ?, died Nov. 20, 1801.1st marriage, Feb. 29, 1740 or 42, to François Paradis, in Kamouraska.2nd marriage, July 2, 1770, to François Choret, in Kamouraska.
4.(Female) Angélique, buried August 25, 1764, in L'Ange-Gardien.She was married to Nicolas Letartre.(I know Carlene, you list Letarte, but I got an extra R on this one!)
5.(Female) Marie-Josephte (this was Female way to spell Joseph's name...).Married to Jean-Baptiste Bergevin, on May 13, 1740, in Kamouraska.She died in 1792.
6. (Female) Jeanne-Placide.Married to Barthélémi Ouellet on Jan. 1st, 1750, in Kamouraska.She died in 1792, as well.
7. (Male) Charles-François.Born 20th, Baptized 24th of April 1729, in Kamouraska.Died in 1803.He married Marie-Anne Ouellet on Nov. 7th, 1752
8. (Male) Joseph-Marie.Born 27th, Baptized 28th of April, 1731, in Kamouraska.Died in 1801.lst marriage : April 14, 1755, to Madeleine Ouvrard, in Ancienne Lorette.2nd marriage : Nov. 27, 1775, to Marguerite Alain, in Ancienne-Lorette.
9. (Female) Marie-Madeleine.Born April 17, Baptized May 24, 1733, in Kamouraska.Died in 1804.lst marriage : 1751 to Jean-Baptiste Béchard, in Kamouraska.2nd marriage : 1753 to Joseph Ouellet, in Kamouraska.3rd marriage : Nov. 10, 1760 to Jean-Baptiste Pelletier, in Kamouraska.
10. (Female) Marguerite-Apolline, Born 9th, Baptized 10th, February 1735, in Kamouraska.Married to André Laforge from Normandie (France), in Kamouraska.
11. (Male) Jean-Roch, Born and Baptized July 25th, 1736, in Kamouraska.Died April 9th 1790.Married Marie-Louise Grenier on July 21st, 1766, in Beauport.
12. (Male) Etienne.Born 14th, Baptized 20th January 1739, in Kamouraska.Buried April 2, 1811, in Kamouraska.lst marriage : January 16th, 1758, to Marie-Rosalie Hayot, in Kamouraska.2nd marriage : February 6th, 1764, to Marie-Catherine Nadeau, in Kamouraska.
That's it for the kids.Please note the extreme popularity of the Ouellet family among those Tardif kids. (hmmm)
Few words about Charles :He was born and married in L'Ange-Gardien.Date of arrival in Kamouraska unknown.We know that his first child was born in Charlesbourg.And his 7th child was born in Kamouraska.Baptism certificates for kids 2 to 6 cannot be found.We know, for a fact, that Kamouraska official records previous to July 8th, 1728 were destroyed in a fire (caused by Indians).Genealogists therefore presume that all kids were born in Kamouraska, except for the lst one... (source : Book of Tardif families in America)
ciao, thank you, pardon my mistakes, if any.