Hunting for Bears, Tarver-Cooper marriage, 1888.
Grant Par., Louisiana, Jobe Tarver to Rosella Cooper on 22 Jan 1888 - HFB, pg.47.
You should be able to get a copy of the marriage license from the clerk's office at Grant Parish.
Jobe (sometimes spelled Joab) and Olive are buried at Sherd's Branch, Kisatchie National Forest, Belwood, Louisiana.Dates from their markers are:
Jobe O. Tarver. March 07, 1867 - June 21, 1933 (born Mississippi to Richard David Tarver and Martha Ann Dean), died Natchitoches Par., Louisiana.
Olive Rozilla Cooper. December 04, 1866 - November 12, 1898 (born Winn Par., Louisiana to Jackson Van Buren Cooper and Mary Jane Smith), died at Belwood, Louisiana.
The children of Jobe Tarver and Olive Cooper were:
(1) Julius Tarver b: August 01, 1888 d: November 1894
(2) Luther Van Buren Tarver b: August 31, 1890 Natchitoches Par., Louisiana d: October 24, 1978 Natchitoches Par., Louisiana.He marr. (1) Nancy Sarah Jane Funderburk b: February 10, 1903 d: April 17, 1940.He marr. (2) Lucille (calledLucy) b: October 16, 1924 d: April 1987 probably in Natchitoches, Natchitoches Par., Louisiana, which the SSDI list as her last resdience.
(3) Richard Monroe Tarver (called Monroe) b: September 15, 1892 Natchitoches Par., Louisiana d: September 24, 1922 probably in Natchitoches Par., Louisiana (per SSDI).He marr. Oma Vivian Taylor b: June 25, 1901 Kisatchie, Natchitoches Par., Louisiana d: December 13, 1961 prob. in Natchitoches Par., Louisiana (per SSDI)
(4) George Ferdinand Tarver (called Ferd) b: February 21, 1895 Natchitoches Par., Louisiana d: January 03, 1970 probably in Hornbeck, Vernon Par., Louisiana (per SSDI).He marr. Lena Vivian Dowden m: April 06, 1924
(5) Lula Belle Tarver (called Belle) b: 1897 Natchitoches Par., Louisiana d: August 30, 1941.She marr. Marcus Rhodes
Second marriage of Jobe O. Tarver (sometimes spelled Joab)
2nd Wife of Jobe O. Tarver was Ufamy Ardelia Weldon (called Fammy). She was b: March 23, 1882 Bellwood, Natchitoches Par., Louisiana m: ca 1902 d: July 23, 1975 Simpson, Louisiana.She is buried at Dan Owens Cem., Kisatchee, Louisiana.Her parents were John Asbury Weldon and Elizabeth Caroline Cole.
The children of Jobe Tarver and Fammy Weldon were:
(1) John Coleman Tarver b: August 17, 1903 Natchitoches Par., Louisiana d: November 02, 1975 Many, Sabine Par., Louisiana.He marr. Thelma Meyer b: June 04, 1909 d: March 28, 1997 Many, Sabine Par., Louisiana.
(2) Martha Elizabeth Tarver aka: Lizzie b: May 13, 1907 Kisatchie, Natchitoches Par., Louisiana d: September 23, 2000 Hineston, Louisiana.She marr. Homer Mertis Jackson b: September 18, 1897 d: June 28, 1968 Leesville, Vernon Par., Louisiana.
(3) Alva Louis Tarver b: September 12, 1913 Kisatchie, Natchitoches Par., Louisiana d: May 27, 1983 Natchitoches Par., Louisiana.He marr. Carro Boydstun b: July 01, 1911 m: December 26, 1937.
It looks like Jobe's kids were pretty good spellers at Kisatchie School in Natchitoches, La.
School: State Spelling Contestants of 1915, Natchitoches Par., La
Source: April 30, 1915 issue of The Natchitoches Times.
Myrtie Dowden, Willie Funderburk, Irving Watts, Alva Hays, Oliver Taylor, Hardy Taylor, Leonard Spangler, L.V. Tarver, R.M. Tarver, Taylor Craft, R.N. Watts, Nettie Spangler, Belle Tarver, Emma Dowden, M. Ona Taylor, Ina Watts, William Spangler, Clyde Croft, John Tarver, Ardis Dowden, Frank Funderburk, Eunice Watts, Minnie Watts, G.F. Tarver.
L.V. Tarver Luther Vannor
R.M. Tarver Richard Monroe
Belle Tarver Lula Belle
John Tarver John Coleman
G.F. Tarver George Ferdinand
Some census stuff
Tax rolls, Winn Par., Louisiana, 1890
Tarver, T.J. - Thomas Jefferson
Tarver, C.F. - Cecil Frederick
Tarver, Jobe -
Tarver, R.D. - Richard David Tarver (Jobe's father)
Tarver, J.I. -
Tarver, R.M. - Russell Marion
Census, Natchitoches Par., La
Tarver, Jobe O
Age: 53 Year: 1920
Birthplace: Mississippi Roll:T625_618
Race: White Page:2B
State: Louisiana ED:49
County: Natchitoches Image:380
Township: Police Jury Ward 8
Jobe O., head, 53, born in Ms, father b. Ms, mother b.Ms, farmer
Fammie, wife, 34, born in La, Al, La, none
Luther V., son, 29, born in La, Ms, La, carpenter
Ferd S, son, 24, born in La, Ms, La, carpenter
John C, son, 16, born in La, Ms, La, farm hand
Lizzie, dau, 12, born in La, Ms, La
Alva L, son, 6, born in La, Ms, La