John R., Civil War Vet., Prince Wm Co,VA
In the book "Prince William: A Past to Preserve" by the County Historical Commission:
Page 85 - There is a picture of a home called Tillett Hall, which was built between 1879-90."A portion of the house was built around the turn of the century by John R. Tillett, a Confederate veteran who owned Portner & Tillett Stone Quarry with Robert Portner."(There is further information on the house.
(There were no other listings for this surname.)