Below is the line of Robert C. Titus as far back as I can trace it. I would much appreciate any information that would take it back further. The numbers before the names are approximate generation numbers, assuming that this is part of the line of Robert Titus, the 1635 immigrant.
Data from R. S. McDowell, 4010 S. Olson Court, Kennewick, WA 99337 and DAR Lineage Book.
5. Timothy Titus. b. Sep. 26, 1732. d. Oct., 1782 to Apr., 1783, probably at Salem, Washington Co., NY. Blacksmith. He served as a private in Col. Thaddeus Crane’s Regiment, NY militia from 1779 to 1781. m. Mary _____. She d. Aug., 1778 to Oct. 1782. Their children:
6. James Titus. b. May 25, 1764. Lived at Springfield, Otsego Co., NY.
6. Elizabeth (Lizzie) Titus. b. Oct. 14, 1765.
6, Timothy Titus. b. Sep. 10, 1767. Lived at Salem, Washington Co., NY.
6. Robert Titus. (Capt.). b. Sep. 14, 1770, probably at Salem, Washington Co., NY. d. 1813, probably at Richfield, Otsego Co., NY. m. 1st Dolly _____. She b. 1774. d. Dec. 28, 1798. m. 2nd Amy Comstock, daughter of Joseph and Mary (Harris) of Colchester, CT, ca. 1808 at West Troy, NY. She b. ca. 1784. d. Dec. 11, 1863. Their children:
7. James B. Titus. (Col.) (by Dolly). b. Jul. 19, 1794. d. Mar., 1839. m. Esther Whiteman Yeomans on Jan. 2, 1817. She b. Nov. 27, 1798 at Richfield, Otsego Co., NY. d. May 7, 1883. Their children:
8. Nancy Ann Titus. b. Oct. 9, 1818. d. Oct. 2, 1908. m. David Gail on Jul. 4, 1838. He b. Dec. 27, 1814. d. Aug. 6, 1882. Their children:
9. James Titus Gail. b. 1839. d. 1881. m. Lucetta A. Cooper. She b. 1845. d. 1883. Their child:
10. Harriet Bell Gail. b. at Meadville, PA. Listed in the DAR Lineage Book, Vol. 161, p. 281. m. Frank Albert Krause.
9. Evelyn A. Gail. b. 1857 at Brant, NY. Listed in DAR Lineage Book, Vol. 105, p. 320. m. Willette B. Robinson in 1882. He b. 1857. d. 1895. Their child:
10. Pearl Evelyn Robinson. Listed in DAR Lineage Book, Vol., 105, p. 320. m. Samuel Gallardo.
8. Robert Cyrus Titus. b. Oct. 24, 1839 at Eden, Erie Co., NY. d. Apr. 27, 1918. m. Arvilla R. Clark of Gowanda, Erie Co., NY, on Aug. 22, 1867. He was Justice of the Supreme Court of NY. Their children:
9. Allan S. Titus. He was a Lieutenant in 1918.
9. Amy Titus. b. at Buffalo, NY. Listed in the DAR Lineage Book, Vol. 23, p. 297. m. Dan Belden Worthington.
7. Elias Titus. d. 1832.
7. Orlando Benton Titus. b. Oct. 19, 1810 at Richfield, Otsego Co., NY. d. Feb. 22, 1894 at North Adams, Berkshire Co., MA. He was captain until 1866 of the steam tug Cayuga which ran from Albany to New York City. In 1880 he was a partner in Orr & Titus, ice dealers. m. Abigail (Abbie) Daniels Foster, daughter of Elisha and Thankful (Daniels), on Aug. 31, 1837 at West Troy, NY. She b. Sep. 9, 1819 at Worcester, MA. d. Jun. 26, 1900 at North Adams, MA. Their children:
8. Amy Clinton Titus. b. 10 or 14 Oct., 1840 at West Troy or Albany, NY. d. Apr. 17, 1929 at Greenwich, CT. Buried in Hillside Cemetery, North Adams, MA. m. Charles Wesley Briggs, son of Enos and Mary Ann (Buck), on Sep. 15, 1859. He b. Apr. 15, 1836 or Apr. 13, 1837 at Rochester, VT. d. Jun. 9, 1867 in New York City, NY. Their children:
9. Charles Frederick Briggs. b. Oct. 12, 1860 at North Adams, MA. d. Mar. 20, 1926 in Schenectady, NY of pneumonia. Buried in Albany Rural Cemetery. m. Leta B. Herreck in 1890. She is buried at San Gabriel, CA. No children.
9. Frank Titus Briggs. b. Nov. 22, 1863 at North Adams, MA. d. Jan. 20, 1927 at Upper Darby Twp., PA. Buried in Arlington Cemetery. m. Ida M. _____ in 1902. No children.
8. James P. Titus. b. 1843. d. before 1855. Buried in Albany Rural Cemetery.
8. Caroline Augusta (Carrie) Titus. b. Dec. 2, 1846 at West Troy, NY. d. Jan. 28, 1937 at Greenwich, CT. m. George Callahan Briggs on Sep. 12, 1867 at Clarksburg (Briggsville), MA by Rev. A.J. Jutkins. He b. Dec. 7, 1843, probably at Pittsfield, VT. d. Aug. 25, 1914 at Monroe, Farifield Co., CT. Their children:
9. Keller Harrison Briggs. b. Jan. 9, 1869 at Briggsville, MA. d. Jul. 10, 1939 at Newtown, CT. m. Edith May Rowe on Apr. 5, 1905. She b. Oct. 15, 1873 at Bridgeport, CT. d. Oct. 21, 1953 at West Hartford, CT. Served with the Rough Riders in the Spanish-American War at San Juan Hill. Was later an insurance agent. No children.
9. Amy Titus Briggs. b. Mar. 27, 1870 at Briggsville, MA. d. Mar. 30, 1935 at Greenwich, CT. m. 1st Fred L. Comins on Jun. 19, 1889 at Greenwich, CT. He b. May 7, 1867 at Spencer, MA. d. Mar. 14, 1891 at Spencer, MA. m. 2nd Charles William Lavers in Sep., 1894 at Boston, MA. He b. Sep. 14, 1852 at Yarmouth, Yarmouth Co., N.S. d. Jun. 17, 1907 at Fall River, MA. He was owner of a mercantile agency in Boston, MA. Their child (by Charles):
10. Aimee Marguerite Comins. m. _____ McDowell. Their child:
11. Robin S. McDowell. Rob supplied the data for this line.
8. Orlando Benton Titus. b. 1849. d. before 1855. Buried in Albany Rural Cemetery.
6. Samuel Titus. b. Dec. 17, 1772. Lived at Salem, Washington Co., NY.
6. Ebenezer Titus. b. May 1, 1774. Lived at Springfield, Otsego Co., NY.
6. Joseph Titus. b. Jul. 10, 1776. Died young.
6. Sarah Titus. b. Aug. 14, 1778.