"History of Fillmore Co.,Minn."(1882) Newburg Twp.
LEWIS L.TOLLEFSON,the first white child born in Fillmore Co., 7-6-1852 at Newburg,Minn. He is the youngest son of LARS and MARIA TOLLEFSON who came to this place just before his birth. As soon as large enough he commenced work on his father's farm attending school during the winter terms. He married Miss JULIA A.RASMUSEN,6-7-1877, a daughter of one of the pioneers of this county. One child is the issue of this union.Until the village of Mabel was organized Mr.TOLLEFSON was engaged in agricultural pursuits,since which time he has built,and now carries on,the "Mabel House."(1882) Note:MARIA is also called MARY TOLLEFSON.
Mabel (village),was plotted by FRANK ADAMS,the Chief Engineer of the railroad,and in memory of his little daughter,which had been taken away,gave the place the name of Mabel.