I'm not a family member, but my friend is and I have access to a whole book of the Van Patten family. If you have any questions please contact me a.s.a.p. because I only have this book for a couple more days.
Myndert Van Patten b. July 1, 1835 Sterling Station, NY died April 14, Sterling, Rice Co., Kansas. He was a graduate of Hahnemann Medical College, Albany and served in the New York 110th infantry during the Civil War. He married Mary Adelaide Foote b. April 21, 1845, died Feb 1, 1885. She was the daughter of David Foote and Ester Lamb.
(1) Lutrede Isabelle Van Patten b. June 17, 1866 died June 12, 1949 San Bernardino. She was married to Cassius Clay Elliott.
(2) Carrie M. b. 1869
(3) George F. b. 1873
(4) Mary Elizabeth Van Patten b. Dec 18, 1874 Peoria, Illinois died Sept 30, Hanston, Hodegeman Co., KS. Married Charles Riley Peterson.
(5) Fernette Adelaide Ban Patten b. Mar 14, 1878, Peoria died Dec. 21, 1954, Albuquerque/arrie Maurice Eldridge Gilbert
(6) Winnifred Estelle Van Patten b. Sept 5, 1881 died Jan 10, 1961 Jetmore Ks. Married Will Heimer
I have the children of these Van Patten's but don't want to list them here as they may still be living.
Myndert marrried second Lettie May Muse. She was the daughter of Rev. Eben Muse and Clara Anderson
Their children were:
(1) Myndert Muse VanPatten b. 1887 died July 31, 1852 in Wood, Wisconsin. Married Clara Gailey
(2) Guy Graham Van Patten b. Dec 8 1889, He lieved in Chandler Arizona. Married Carrie Elma Gailey
(3) Lowell Anderson Van Patten b. Sept 5, 1899 died June 20, 1956 in Gallatin, Sumner Co., Tenneesee. Married Ruth Agnes Ross.
Myndert (born 1835) was the son of Christiaan Haverly Van Patten b. May 30, 1801 and Baptised July 5 1801 iin the Reformed Dutch Church of Schenectady, NY He died April 9, 1893 at Sterling Station, Cayuga Co., NY. He was a pioneer of Cayuga Co., having come from Guilderland, his early home near Schenectady, to Sterling by wagon. He was the town supervisor, assessor and justice of peace. He and his wife Mary celegrated their 72nd wedding anniversary before his death as a result of a fall from an apple tree. He was married on Sept 8, 1820 to Mary Relyea. She was the daughter of David Relyea and Ellen LaGrange.