Looking for Danish Vogensens
Looking for the Danish relations to my great-great-grandmother Dorothea (Vogensen) Thuesen, b. January 26, 1852 at Halk, Haderslev, Denmark to Hans Bertelsen Vogensen and his wife Kirstine Jacobsen.The couple had nine children including Dorothea and likely married in the late 1820s or 1830 in Denmark.Their other children were as follows:
1. Maren Hansdatter Vogn b. December 3, 1831 at Landet, Svenborg, Denmark
2. Anders Hansen Vogn b. August 22, 1837 at Landet
3. Mette Kjestine Bertelsen Vogensen b. February 6, 1842 at Halk, Haderslev, Denmark
4. Nis Bertelsen Vogensen b. May 18, 1843 at Halk
5. (Twins) Kirstine Bertelsen Vogensen and Nis Bertelsen Vogensen b. June 15, 1845 at Halk
6. Kirstine Bertelsen Vogensen b. March 26, 1847 at Halk
7. Frederikke Bertelsen Vogensen b. June 13, 1850 at Halk
8. Dorothea Bertelsen Vogensen b. January 26, 1852 at Halk
Dorothea Bertelsen Vogensen married Vilhelm Jessen Thuesen at Osby, Haderslev, Denmark on April 8, 1881 and the couple left for the USA not long after, settling first in Missouri and then finally in Wisconsin.
I would love to hear from any other Vogensen researchers who may know about this family and their descendents.My grandmother has handed down many family stories of the Vogenesens I would love to confirm.