Re: Weseldine in Cambridgeshire 1800s
Yes I definately think that we are talking about the same family.
Cornelius was born 22 Jan 1839, the son of George Wesseldine & Elizabeth (nee Usher). He married Harriet Gowing 18 Aug 1856 at the parish church, Horncastle.
They went on to have 13 children that I have found so far.
1) William. b 1856 not yet found his death
2) Harriet. b 1857 d 1857
3) Mary Ann. b 1858 d1859
4) Sarah Ann. b 1859 not yet found her death
5) Thomas. b 1862 d 1929
6) Emma. b 1864 not yet found her death
7) Joseph. b 1867 d 1916
8) Henry. b 1870}
9) Rose. b 13 April 1872 } not yet been able to find
10) Harriet. b 1874} deaths for these four siblings.
11) Kate. b 1876}
12) Cornelius. b1878 d 1878
13) David. b 27 Jul 1879 d bet Oct-Dec 1879.
Harriet died 6 Aug 1879 as a result of complications in childbirth. George died bet Jan-Mar 1904.
Hopefully if I am correct Rose married William Henry
Chapman 27 Feb 1892 at St James church, Derby & I have found them on the 1901 census in Hunslet, Yorkshire.
Incidently the young Cornelius on the 1881 census wasn't Cornelius's nephew, he was his grandson. Cornelius born 18 Feb 1879 was the illegitimate son of Sarah Ann.
I know that this is log & a lot to take in but I hope it helps.