That is intriguing information, Holly. I hadn't known of a Missouri connection to this family until later.
I have found Whitlatch's named Noah and Albert in areas outside western PA but no direct connection to the family I have been researching during these generations.
Late information provided by a grandson of Albert Clayton Whitlatch indicates Albert and his wife, Mary O. 'Nellie' Miller may have died after 1918 (Albert's WW1 draft registration places him in western, PA) and prior to 1920 from illness during the influenza epidemic but no hard proof has been found by me regarding this possibility. I know there is older research out there but, as yet, I've not been able to view any.
Below are my findings to date. If you find errors, please let me know and include the source or provenance of the correction. I appreciate any information. Thanks, Charlie
1. NOAH1 WHITLATCH was born in Mar 1849 in Pennsylvania. He married ISABEL ANTILL about 1870, daughter of Edward Antill and Zilpha Spragg. She was born about 1853 in Pennsylvania.
Noah Whitlatch and Isabel Antill had the following children:
2. i. ALBERT CLAYTON2 WHITLATCH was born on 01 Dec 1873 in Aleppo, Greene County, Pennsylvania. He married MARY O. 'NELLIE' MILLER in 1899 in Pennsylvania. She was born about 1879 in Pennsylvania.
ii. WILLIAM P. WHITLATCH was born about 1876 in Aleppo, Greene County, Pennsylvania.
2. ALBERT CLAYTON2 WHITLATCH (Noah1) was born on 01 Dec 1873 in Aleppo, Greene County, Pennsylvania. He married MARY O. 'NELLIE' MILLER in 1899 in Pennsylvania. She was born about 1879 in Pennsylvania.
Notes for Albert Clayton Whitlatch:
Census record of 27-28 June 1910 indicate the family (including Albert's Father, Noah, age 61) live on Millers Run Road in Mt. Pleasant Township, 2nd Precinct in Washington County, Pa.
Draft Registration Card dated 12 Sep 1918 lists Albert C. as tall and slender with gray eyes and brown hair. At that time he resided at Bulger, Washington County, Pa. His occupation at the time was Farmer.
Albert Clayton Whitlatch and Mary O. 'Nellie' Miller had the following children:
3. i. HOMER EVERT3 WHITLATCH was born on 13 Nov 1899 in Pennsylvania. He died in Dec 1972 in Eureka, Humboldt County, California. He married MARY about 1919. She was born about 1902 in Pennsylvania.
4. ii. GRACE WHITLATCH was born about 1902. She married (1) PAUL CERESONA. He was born about 1904 in Pennsylvania. She married (2) RINEHART.
iii. ALBERT MOODY WHITLATCH was born about 1904. He married MARY ELIZABETH CRAFT on 24 Dec 1924 in McDonald, Pennsylvania.
Notes for Albert MOODY Whitlatch:
From the McDonald, PA Record ~or~ Outlook newspaper of Dec. 26(?), 1924, page unknown:
CRAFT - WHITLATCH
The marriage of Miss Mary Elizabeth CRAFT and Mr. Moody Albert WHITLATCH is to take place this Wednesday evening (Christmas eve). The bride is a daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George CRAFT of Valley street. She has been employed in the office of A. V. CAMPBELL for a number of years. The young couple will go to housekeeping in an apartment which they have furnished at 101 South McDonald street.
iv. GAIL H. WHITLATCH was born about 1907.
5. v. BRYAN N. WHITLATCH was born on 30 Jun 1908 in McDonald, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, USA. He died on 05 Apr 1986 in McKeesport, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, USA. He married JANIE SMALLEY, daughter of Richard E. Smalley and Rebecca S. Shank. She was born on 22 Sep 1911 in Washington Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania. She died on 26 Dec 1967 in Charleroi-Monessen Hospital, Washington County, Pennsylvania.
vi. CHARLES WHITLATCH was born about 1911.
vii. DICK WHITLATCH.
viii. JOSEPH WHITLATCH.
ix. LILLIAN WHITLATCH. She married <--> SCHRIDER.
x. RUTH WHITLATCH. She married <--> SKVORAK.
3. HOMER EVERT3 WHITLATCH (Albert Clayton2, Noah1) was born on 13 Nov 1899 in Pennsylvania. He died in Dec 1972 in Eureka, Humboldt County, California. He married MARY about 1919. She was born about 1902 in Pennsylvania.
Homer Evert Whitlatch and Mary had the following children:
i. EVELYN4 WHITLATCH was born about 1920 in Pennsylvania.
ii. VIRGINIA WHITLATCH was born about 1922 in Pennsylvania.
iii. CATHERINE WHITLATCH was born about 1923 in Pennsylvania.
iv. MARGARET WHITLATCH was born about 1924 in Pennsylvania.
v. HOMER WHITLATCH JR. was born about Aug 1925 in Pennsylvania.
vi. ALBERT WHITLATCH was born about Oct 1926 in Pennsylvania.
vii. LILABEL WHITLATCH was born about Sep 1927 in Pennsylvania.
viii. KENNETH WHITLATCH was born about Nov 1929 in Pennsylvania.
4. GRACE3 WHITLATCH (Albert Clayton2, Noah1) was born about 1902. She married (1) PAUL CERESONA. He was born about 1904 in Pennsylvania. She married (2) RINEHART.
Paul Ceresona and Grace Whitlatch had the following children:
i. PAUL4 CERESONA JR. was born about Jun 1927 in Ohio.
ii. DONALD A. CERESONA was born about Mar 1930 in Pennsylvania.
Rinehart and Grace Whitlatch had the following child:
i. EDWARD4 RINEHART was born about 1923 in Ohio.
5. BRYAN N.3 WHITLATCH (Albert Clayton2, Noah1) was born on 30 Jun 1908 in McDonald, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, USA. He died on 05 Apr 1986 in McKeesport, Allegheny, Pennsylvania, USA. He married JANIE SMALLEY, daughter of Richard E. Smalley and Rebecca S. Shank. She was born on
22 Sep 1911 in Washington Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania. She died on 26 Dec 1967 in Charleroi-Monessen Hospital, Washington County, Pennsylvania.
Notes for Bryan N. Whitlatch:
On 18 April 1930 the family resided at 'Railroad Camp' in Rostraver Township, Westmoreland County, Pa.
Obituary from The Valley Independent, Saturday, April 5, 1986.Monessen, Pennsylvania
Bryan N. Whitlatch
Bryan N. Whitlatch of Box 322 Webster, died Saturday morning, April 5, 1986 in McKeesport Hospital, Mckeesport. He was 77.
Mr. Whitlatch was born June 30, 1908, in McDonald, Pa., a son of the late Clayton and Nellie Miller Whitlatch.
He retired from employment with the Columbia Gas Company after 46 years of service. In addition to his parents, Mr. Whitlatch was preceded in death by a grandson, James Robert Laughland.
A Protestant by faith, he was a member of F&AM Lodge No. 626, Donora; the Cloudersport Consistory; the Slovenic Beneficial Singing Society and the German Club, both of Collinsburg; the National Rifle Association; and the AARP.
Surviving are one son, Bryan Whitlatch of Mt. Pleasant, three daughters, Mrs. James (Ruth) Laughland of Fellsburg, Mrs. Joseph (Luella) Szmuc of Donora, and Mrs. David (Patricia) Stark of Wilmerding, Pa.; two brothers, Joseph Whitlatch of Sebring, Ohio, and Dick Whitlatch in California; two sisters, Mrs. Ruth Skvorak in California and Mrs. Lillian Schrider of St. Louis, Mo; 11 grandchildren and 13 great grandchildren.
Friends will be received Sunday from 7 to 9 p.m. and Monday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the James C. Stump Funeral Home, Sweeney Plan, Rostraver Township.
Additional in The Valley Independent, Monday, April 7, 1986. Monessen, Pennsylvania Services will be held Tuesday at 11 a.m. in the funeral home with Rev. Marlin Miller officiating. Burial will be in Roundhill Cemetery, Elizabeth Twp.