I am researching Maurice Samuel Whitten, b. July 1881 Blue Hills ME
Some of the data I have follows, I'd appreciate any connections or more detail that people have:
Samuel Whitten, m. Lydia Mitchell of Sharon, Vt.
L. H. Whitten, b. est 1805-1815 Scarboro, Me., m. Lydia Hover or Hoover of Harpswell, Me.Issue:
1. L.M.R. Whitten, b. Oct 2, 1835
L.M.R. Whitten, b. Oct 2, 1835 (or 1827) in Freeport, Me.,
m?. Lydia Mitchell Oct 25, 1852 (who was b. Oct 16, 1837, Sharon, Vt., parents Ezra and J. Leda(?) Mitchell of Sharon Vt.)
[Perhaps this is the son of Samuel Whitten, or was L.M.R. also named Samuel?]
1. Albion (H.?) Whitten, b. Unity Me. Jan 12, 1854, m. Laura L. Keys Jan 4, 1877 in Lowell, Ma
2. Edward D. Whitten, b. Unity Me. Nov 27, 1855, m. Mary A. Gorman, Feb 10, 1883 in Lowell, Ma
3. Henry Whitten, b. Troy Me. Sep 24, 1857
4. Fredrick Whitten, b. Nov 29, 1867, m. Bertha V. Seaboyer, July 6, 1887 in Lowell, Ma
Maurice Samuel Whitten, b. July 3, 1881, Blue Hills, Me. d. Dec 2, 1920, Lowell, Ma.
Parents?[One family chart shows Maurice S. Whitten as son of Samuel Whitten (Blue Hills, Me) and Lydia M. Mitchell (Sharon, Vt.), but that may be L.M.R. Whitten b. 1835?]
Buried in Forest Hill Cemetery, Fitchberg,
Ma. Was in the U.S. Navy. m. Edna Hazel Divoll,
Issue: Elsie Althea Whitten, Dexter Carrol Whitten
[I have extensive information on the Divoll family]
George Whitten, b. est 1855-1865, m. Lillian (who b. abt. 1865, d. March 7, 1884 age 19, and is buried in Lords Cemetary, Parsonfield,
Elena (Eleanor?) L. Whitten b. 1875, married Federick
W. Straight Jan 20, 1892 in Fitchberg, Ma.Daughter of Samuel and Lydia Whitten.
Anna M. Whitten (who owned the bible where much of this information came from)