Surnames/Locations in Old Photo Album
The following were identified on photos from an album I just recently acquired.If you are interested in having and are relatedto the person in the original photo, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease put "re:Wiley Album" in the subject line.
From my own experience, after muddling through pages of census, ships records, probates, etc., a photo makes our ancestors someone we truly know.
Inside the cover of the album it reads:
This album is presented to Mr W J Wiley by the following friends and relatives.
Mr & Mrs F Coles, Ebner(Ehner) G Wiley, W J Wiley, A S Wiley, W C Wiley, L E Wiley.
1. Aunt Ida Wilson ThompsonSedgwicksZanesville, O (assume OH)
grandpa's sister 1889
2. Imogine's aunt Mary AldrichManchesterFactoryville PA
& Mrs Warrie (Warrel) Phillips Uncle Ira's mother -written again below
Aunt mary Aldrich or Mrs Warrie Phillips ( Russell's great gr f Phillips sister)
3. V WiedmanNo location
4.Josephine BaileyRD NewtonNicholson PA
5. Annie Wiedman 1881George BurgoyneManhattan KS est 1859
6. Ebenezer WiedmanSunbeam Gallery Anderson San Francisco
7. Uncle Aaron PhillipsNo location
8. Respectfully Irene F Green (Galin)RD NewtonNicholson PA
9. Jennie WVan NessBinghamton NY
10. LauraA & G TaylorLondon ENG
11. Mrs Samuel Wells Sept 1893No Location
12. Pic on opp pg from aboveEd F WellsScranton PA
an old man on back it says
Miss Lulu Gumaer ?ville PAPlease be very careful with this picture as I am
very choise (sic) of itAt the bottom it also says For A C llie?
13. Phineas StantonManchesterFactoryville PA
husband of Caroline
14. Caroline Wiedman StantonManchesterFactoryville PA
oldest sister of E J Wiedman
Other studio names and locations are:
J B Marquis Norwich NY
C B Tinker Pittston PA
J ?(BDO) Jenks Patterson NJ
Owens Gallery Scranton PA
S Y Richards Pittston PA
C H Webster Bingham NY
Wheeler Bainbridge NY
Griffin Art Studio Scranton PA
DeWitt Scranton PA
Strauss St Louis MO
Kalin Clay Center KS
Gardner KC MO
I will let you know the URL where these and the unidentified can be seen when I get them scanned.