Re: Mary Wierman m Jesse Cook
Jesse Cook, son of Peter & Sarah (Gilpin), was born 9mo. (Nov.) 15, 1744, Doe Run, Warrington twp., York Co., Pa., he d. 8/18/1818, Carroll twp., York Co., Pa. Jesse married 9/24/1767 at Huntington MH, York (now Adams) Co., Pa., Mary Wierman, b. 10mo. (Dec) 19, 1746, Huntington, York (now Adams) Co., Pa. Mary died 12/3/1824, Carroll twp., York Co. She was the dau. of Henry Wierman (1721-1802) & Priscilla Pope (c.1722-c.1770) Jesse & Mary are both buried at Warrington Friends Meeting, York Co., Pa.
Jesse & Mary Cook had eight children:
1. Henry, b. 2/29/1768, mar. 1796 Mary Way
2. Isaac, b. c.1770, mar. c.1790 Sydney Evans
3. Samuel, b. 1772, mar. 1797 Jane Hicks
4. William, b. c.1774; d. 1793 - never married
5. Mary, b. 10/10/1777, mar. c.1803 Zachariah Reed
6. Jesse, b. c.1778; d. 1799 - never married
7. Sarah, b. c.1780; d. 1800 - died young
8. John, Sr., b. 3/29/1782; d. 9/23/1863, mar. 1/19/1805, Hannah Walker (1785-1863). They had seven children.
John Cook, Sr. is my 3rd great-grandfather.