Re: ABRAHAM GLEN WINSETT, ELIZ MITCHELL Tn, Al 1855
Just found your inquiry on Abraham Glenn Winsett.This information that I will share is from my cousin in St. Louis who has done extensive research on the family.
Abraham Glenn Winsett (Jason, Robert, Ignatius)b. abt. 1825 in Williamson Country, Tennessee and d. 1895 in Hazel Green, Madison County, Alabama.He m. 2) Susan Eliza Mitchell - b. abt. 1835 in Tennessee.He m.1) 6/29/1846 in Rutherford Country, TN. to Virginia Wood - b. 1825 and d. abt. 1852 in Bedford County, Tennessee.
Children of Abrahm Winsett and Susan Mitchell are listed as:
1. Susan Eliza Penelope Winsett, abt. 1855 in Tennessee
d. 10/19/1915. m. A.P.Clift 3/16/1890 in Fayetteville,
2. Virginia L. Winsett - b. abt. 1857 in Tennessee
3. William Jason Winsett - b. 5/1/1863 in Alabama.d.
11/20/1919 in Nashville, Tn.
4. Hattie Winsett - b. abt. 1867 in Alabama, d. bef.1880.
5. Ashley Glenn Winsett - b. 5/1872 in Madison County, Al.
See 1870 Census, Madison County, Al.
Notation is made that Abraham Wincet was received into the Shiloh Baptist Church in Taft, Lincoln County, Tn. 1886
and dropped from rolls by February 1887.(maybe there might be some information on Susan Mitchell??