I wish to inquire about Patrick and Joseph Peace who reportedly married Owen(s) sisters in GA. before 1800. Patrick married Ellender Owen(s), and his brother Joseph Peace is reported to have married Ellender's sister, Nancy Owen(s).
Ellender Owen(s)and Nancy Owen(s) were the daughters of Thomas Owen(s), Sr. who was married to Hannah Shannon, perhaps in Pittsylvania, VA or in GA. Thomas Owen(s) and Hannah applied for land in the "Ceded Lands" of NE Georgia in October 1773. At that time they had an 8 month old child. There were at least ten (10) children from this marriage that I can account for. Thomas Owen(s),SR. died in late 1799 in GA.
Hannah Shannon was the 2nd daughter of Thomas Shannon, SR. (b. +/- 1735) married to Ellinor Unknown/Unproved +/- 1751. This Shannon family was in Pittsylvania, VA. in 1770. The marriage of their first child, Sarah Margaret Shannon to Lewis Salmon(s) took place there on March 20, 1770. Thomas Shannon, Sr. also applied for land in the "Ceded Lands" of NE Georgia, but in September, 1773. Thomas Shannon, SR. died in December 1793 in Wilkes County, GA. Ellinor appears to have died in the summer of 1796.
An 1820 Rapides Parish, Louisiana census shows PATRICK PEACE, 45 years + with a female 45 years + who must be Ellender Owen(s). The household consists of 1 male child between 10-16, and 1 male cild between 16-18.
I have a record of Pamelia Peace, daughter of Patrick Peace, who married in St. Landry's Parish, LA. one Thomas D. Yocum in January of 1814. Thomas D. Yocum was the son of Jesse Yocum (Yoakum). Both of the Yocum (Yoakum) families appear on the same 1820 Rapides Parish, LA census.
By this time the Thomas D. and Pamelia Peace Yocum(Yoakum) family consists of two (2) females under ten years and one (1) male under ten years. Thomas D. and Pamelia are listed as between 26 and 45 years.
The Jesse Yoakum family was large, and in 1823, at Ft. Jessup in Louisiana, daughter Catherine "Kitty" Yoakum married Jacob Montgomery Shannon, the youngest son of Owen Shannon and Margaret Montgomery Shannon.
Owen Shannon was a younger brother to the Hannah Shannon Owens referenced above.
1. Who was the family of Patrick and Joseph Peace...parents and other siblings?
2. Where did they live before they came to Georgia?
3. When did they come to Georgia, and what families might they have traveled with?
4. Who are the other children of Patrick and Ellender Owen(s) Peace?
5. I have a notation that Joseph Peace was in Mississippi, and that one of Thomas Owen(s)SR's grandsons, named Aaron Owen(s) was on an 1850 census with him. Aaron would be a brother, then, to Joseph Peace's wife, Nancy Owen(s). Can anyone confirm this information about the Joseph Peace family?
6. Why would they take the "low road" to Texas instead of the "high road" as did Owen Shannon?
I would appreciate additions and comments with regard to these families.
Thank you for your time and attention to my request for information.