My Genealogy Home Page:Information about JAMES ELIJAH SAPP
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
JAMES ELIJAH SAPP (b. June 18, 1859, d. December 01, 1938)JAMES ELIJAH SAPP (son of WILLIAM SAPP and ELIZABETH WELCH)2061, 2062 was born June 18, 1859 in MILFORD, IROQUOIS CO., ILLINOIS2062, and died December 01, 1938 in WATSEKA, IROQUOIS CO., ILLINOIS2063, 2063, 2063, 2064.He married MARGARET JANE (JENNIE) DOOLITTLE on January 03, 1881 in Danville, Vermilion Co., IL2065, 2066.
Notes for JAMES ELIJAH SAPP:
Obit-James Elijah Sapp, aged 79, died at the home of his daughter, Mrs.Pearl Boston, at 7:45 pm Thursday night of cancer and old age, after being bedfast for about two years.
He was born in Milford June 18, 1859, and has lived his entire life in Iroquois county. He was the son of James Elijah Sapp, Sr. and Elizabeth Welch Sapp and attended the Milford public school. He farmed near Watseka until 34 years ago, when
he moved to town.
The past two years he has been underthe care of his daughter. He was married at Danville, IL, in 1882 to Margaret Jane Doolittle, who preceded him in death in 1928. Six children were born to this couple.The first child, Elizabeth, died at
the age of two years; Mrs. PerryNice (Lulu Viola) died at the age of 41 years. Surviving are: Charles W. Sapp,Lawrence R. Sapp, Mrs. Hazel Eaken, Mrs. Pearl Boston, all of Watseka; two brothers, John Sapp and Ben Sapp also survive. A sister,
Mrs. Dolly Traub, died 23 years ago and a brother, Ace Sapp, died in 1927.
James Elijah Sapp was a member of the Watseka Christian church.Funeral services were conducted at the Eastburn Funeral home Sunday, Dec. 4, at 2 pm A. C. Lambert officiated. Interment was made in Oak Hill cemetery.
HEAL: Cause of death-Cancer
Sapp, ElijahJun 1859 40 md 18 IL OH OH
Margarett J. Apr 186436 5/4IN NY IN
Lula V.Mar 1886 14IL IL IL
Minnie P.May 1889 11IL IL IL
Charles W.Nov 18954IL IL IL
Hazel R.Jan 18991IL IL IL
Sapp, J. E.60 m IL
M. Jennie55 f IN
Lawrence13 m IL
Edith3 f IL
More About JAMES ELIJAH SAPP:
Burial: Unknown, OAK HILL CEMETERY, WATSEKA, ILLINOIS.2066
Census 1: 1900, Middleport Twp., Iroquois Co., IL.2066
Census 2: 1920, Watseka, Iroquois Co., IL.2066
More About JAMES ELIJAH SAPP and MARGARET JANE (JENNIE) DOOLITTLE:
Marriage: January 03, 1881, Danville, Vermilion Co., IL.2067, 2068
Children of JAMES ELIJAH SAPP and MARGARET JANE (JENNIE) DOOLITTLE are:
- ELIZABETH SAPP, b. March 04, 1886, WATSEKA, IROQUOIS CO., ILLINOIS2068, d. 18882068.
- +LULA VIOLA SAPP, b. March 04, 1886, WATSEKA, IROQUOIS CO., ILLINOIS2069, 2069, 2069, 2070, d. November 19, 1923, WATSEKA, IROQUOIS CO., ILLINOIS2071, 2071, 2071, 2072.
- MINNIE PEARL SAPP, b. May 24, 1889, WATSEKA, IROQUOIS CO., ILLINOIS2072, d. November 29, 1948, BEAVERVILLE, IROQUOIS CO., ILLINOIS2073, 2073, 2073, 2074.
- +CHARLES WILLIAM SAPP, b. November 24, 1895, WATSEKA, IROQUOIS CO., ILLINOIS2075, 2075, 2075, 2076, d. December 28, 1961, WATSEKA, IROQUOIS CO., ILLINOIS2077, 2077, 2077, 2078.
- +HAZEL ROSETTA SAPP, b. June 30, 1898, WATSEKA, IROQUOIS CO., ILLINOIS2078, d. June 24, 19602078.
- LAWRENCE RICHARD SAPP, b. October 02, 1906, WATSEKA, IROQUOIS CO., ILLINOIS2079, 2079, 2079, 2080, d. June 12, 19662081, 2081, 2081, 2082.