My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Isaac Willey
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Isaac Willey (b. 1614, d. 1685)Isaac Willey (son of Allan Willey and Alice Mason) was born 1614 in Wales Wiltshire, England, and died 1685 in New London, New London County, Connecticut.He married Joanna Lutten on 1637.
Notes for Isaac Willey:
Note: Isaac Willey was known in Boston, Massachusetts before 1640 and moved to Charleston, Massachusetts before 1644. In 1645 he moved to New London, Connecticut, and was one of five original settlers the founders of the Nameaug plantation at the mouth of the Pequot River which became the Town of New London, Connecticut on May 6, 1646. Isaac was a selectman in 1647. He built his farm at Mill Brook at the base of Post Hill on the upper part of what are nowWilliams and Main streets. Later he moved to the head ofNiantic(Nahantic) River where "Old Goodman Willie" was legally confirmed in his property in1664. He was one of three"certain individuals at Pequot: who were charged in May of 1649 for resisting a constable and letting go an Indian in their charge. In 1657 he had 3 cows, 6 calves, a litter of swine, and a share in 2 or 3 sheep. Although a 23-July-1650 letter from the First Church in Boston had recommended Joanna, in 1667 Goodwife Williey was presented before court "for not attending public worship, and bringing her childred hither and fined 5 shillings. In November, 1669, Isaac was one of 4 men to lay out the King's Highway between N.L. and the Niantic River. Over a land dispute between New London and Lyme, on March 12, 1671 Isaac was among those arraingned in Hartford "for attempts by violence to drive Mr. Griswold and Lt. Waller off their land, and resistance to authority, and assault.
Source: Name: Family History Library
Salt Lake City, Utah
Ancestral File: The Church of Jesus Chirst of Latter-day Saints
Copyright 1987 June1998 data as of 5 January 1998
More About Isaac Willey and Joanna Lutten:
Children of Isaac Willey and Joanna Lutten are:
- Joanna Willey, b. 1638, New London, New London County, Connecticut, d. date unknown.
- Isaac Willey, b. August 02, 1640, Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, d. date unknown.
- Hannah Willey, b. 1641, Boston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, d. 1681, East Haddam, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.
- +Sarah Willey, b. June 19, 1644, Charlestown, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, d. 1711, New London, Connecticut.
- Mary Willey, b. 1646, Charleston, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, d. date unknown.
- John Willey, b. 1649, New London, New London County, Connecticut, d. date unknown.
- Abraham Willey, b. 1650, New London, New London County, Connecticut, d. 1712, Haddam, Connecticut.