My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Dennis Darling
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Dennis Darling (b. 1640, d. January 25, 1716/17)Dennis Darling (son of George Darling) was born 1640 in Yorkshire, England, and died January 25, 1716/17 in Mendon, Worcester County, Massachusetts.He married Hannah Francis on January 03, 1662/63 in Braintree, Massachusetts.
Notes for Dennis Darling:
DENNIS DARLING of Braintree, Mass.
From the manuscript of Carlos Parsons Darling
Dennis Darling, or Denice Darley or Darlin, first appears in Braintree, Mass., where he was married by Peter Brackett, justice of the peace, November 3, 1663, to Hannah Francis.
Nothing definite is known concerning the parentage of Hannah Francis, although it is held by some that she was a daughter of John and Rose Francis who were in Braintree at that time.
Braintree Vital Records give the following children born there to Dennis and Hannah Darling:
1. Cornelius Darling, born January 4, 1663, died March 11, 1663.
2. John Darling, born in July, 1664.
3. A son, born June 18, 1667, died June 19, 1667.
4. Sarah Darling, born November 26, 1669.
5. Cornelius Darling, born January 25, 1675. .
6. Hannah Darling, born April 14, 1677.
Sometime during the years 1677-78, Dennis Darling and his family moved to Mendon, Mass., where he died January 25, 1717, aged 77 years. No trace has been found of the death of his wife Hannah.
The Mendon Vital Records give the following children born in that town to Dennis and Hannah Darling:
7. Ebenezer Darling, born January 8, 1679.
8. Daniel Darling, born April 28, 1682.
9. Elizabeth Darling, born July 2, 1685.
10. Benjamin. Darling born February 11, 1687.
Captain John Darling born Sept. 1664, married first, Elizabeth Thompson, second, Anne Rockwood and, third, Elizabeth Morse. He had one child by his first wife, one by his second wife, and eleven by his third wife. He died May 29, 1753.
Nothing further is known of Sarah Darling, born. November 26, 1669.
Cornelius Darling; born January 25, 1675, married Mary Frebray and had several children, born in Mendon and Rehoboth, Mass..
Hannah Darling, born April 14, 1677, is still unaccounted for.
Ebenezer Darling, born January 8, 1619, married, March 3, 1698, Mary (Wheaton) Mann, widow of Thomas Mann, but evidently left no children.
Daniel Darling, born April 23, 1682 married Lydia --- and had eight children. He died February 26, 1745 in Mendon, Mass.
Elizabeth Darling, born July 2, 1685, married in Mendon, Mass., January 8, 1708-9, Obadiah Wheelock,
More About Dennis Darling and Hannah Francis:
Marriage: January 03, 1662/63, Braintree, Massachusetts.
Children of Dennis Darling and Hannah Francis are:
- +Benjamin Darling, b. February 11, 1686/87, Mendon, Worcester County, Massachusetts, d. May 18, 1772, Mendon, Worcester County, Massachusetts.
- Cornelius Darling, b. January 04, 1662/63, d. May 11, 1663.
- John Darling, b. September 02, 1664, d. date unknown.
- Aaron Darling, b. June 18, 1667, d. date unknown.
- Sarah Darling, b. January 26, 1667/68, d. date unknown.
- Cornelius Darling, b. March 23, 1673/74, d. date unknown.
- Hannah Darling, b. June 14, 1677, d. date unknown.
- Ebenezer Darling, b. January 08, 1677/78, d. date unknown.
- Daniel Darling, b. April 28, 1682, d. date unknown.
- Elizabeth Darling, b. July 02, 1685, Mendon, Worcester County, Massachusetts, d. 1760, Mendon, Worcester County, Massachusetts.