The Cain Family Home Page:Information about John Victor Kane
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Victor Kane (b. Abt. 1816, d. April 18, 1893)John Victor Kane (son of ? Kane and Catherine ?) was born Abt. 1816 in Ireland, and died April 18, 1893 in Brooklyn, New York.He married Bridget Kerrigan.
Notes for John Victor Kane:
On the 1850 census, John's last name was spelled Kane. He is listed as 32 years of age, born in Ireland, and his age is 32.His occupation is listed as Laborer.He is married to Bridget, and has four children at this time.Two of his older children were born in Ireland.
The census records indicated that he, his pregnant wife, and two children, Thomas and Timothy, fled Ireland during the famine.
On the 1860 census, the name is spelled Keane, and on both the 1870 and 1880 census the spelling went back to Kane.There were also many different occupations listed for John through the years: 1850 a laborer, 1860 a porter, 1870 a laborer, and in 1880 he is listed as Express.
More About John Victor Kane:
Burial 1: April 21, 1893, Holy Cross Cemetery, Brooklyn, NY.
Burial 2: April 21, 1893, Range 17, plot 30 - John Cain.
Died 2: April 18, 1893, certificate #6556.
Children of John Victor Kane and Bridget Kerrigan are:
- Thomas Kane, b. Abt. 1843, Ireland, d. date unknown.
- +Timothy John Kane, b. January 06, 1847, Ireland, d. October 17, 1915, Brooklyn, New York.
- +Mary Kane, b. Abt. 1846, Brooklyn, New York, d. date unknown.
- Catherine Kane, b. Abt. 1849, d. April 27, 1852, Brooklyn, New York.
- +William H. Kane, b. April 01, 1855, New York, d. January 18, 1893, 81 Ferris St. Brooklyn, NY2nd floor.
- +John J. Kane, b. Abt. 1859, d. date unknown.
- +Francis P. Kane/Cain, b. March 1862, USA, d. April 25, 1926, Brooklyn, New York.
- Michael Kane, b. Abt. 1864, Brooklyn, New York, d. August 29, 1900, St. Peter's Hospital, Brooklyn, NY.