The Cain Family Home Page:Information about Bridget Kerrigan
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Bridget Kerrigan (b. Abt. 1827, d. December 07, 1887)Bridget Kerrigan was born Abt. 1827 in Ireland, and died December 07, 1887 in Brooklyn, New York.She married John Victor Kane, son of ? Kane and Catherine ?.
Notes for Bridget Kerrigan:
Information compiled from searches done by Barbara Smyth,Delores Cain O'Leary, and Howard Cain
Bridget was listed on the census as a housekeeper through 1880.This is the latest census to date we have with Bridget listed as she died in 1887.She was around 20 years old when she had her first child, and according to the census of 1870, she was 41 when she had her last chid, (App. 8 births).Also, her oldest daughter, Mary had a child, Mary Nolon, at the same time as her mother, Bridget, gave birth to her last child, Michael.(His name changes on the census to Martin, but is really Michael).It is suggested by the census forms that a pregnant Bridget travelled to America along with her husband and two sons, Thomas and Timothy, around the time of the famine in Ireland, c. 1846.
More About Bridget Kerrigan:
Burial 1: December 11, 1887, Holy Cross Cemetery, Brooklyn, NY.
Burial 2: December 11, 1887, Range 17, plot 30 - John Cain.
Died 2: December 07, 1887, certificate #16045.
Children of Bridget Kerrigan and John Victor Kane are:
- Thomas Kane, b. Abt. 1843, Ireland, d. date unknown.
- +Timothy John Kane, b. January 06, 1847, Ireland, d. October 17, 1915, Brooklyn, New York.
- +Mary Kane, b. Abt. 1846, Brooklyn, New York, d. date unknown.
- Catherine Kane, b. Abt. 1849, d. April 27, 1852, Brooklyn, New York.
- +William H. Kane, b. April 01, 1855, New York, d. January 18, 1893, 81 Ferris St. Brooklyn, NY2nd floor.
- +John J. Kane, b. Abt. 1859, d. date unknown.
- +Francis P. Kane/Cain, b. March 1862, USA, d. April 25, 1926, Brooklyn, New York.
- Michael Kane, b. Abt. 1864, Brooklyn, New York, d. August 29, 1900, St. Peter's Hospital, Brooklyn, NY.