My Genealogy Home Page:Information about Elzear (John) Cote
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Elzear (John) Cote (b. November 21, 1849, d. August 21, 1929)Elzear (John) Cote (son of Alexandre Cote and Marguerite Langlois) was born November 21, 1849 in Rimouski, Quebec, Canada, and died August 21, 1929 in Alpena, Michigan.He married Victoria Morin on July 08, 1872 in Bic, Ontario, Canada, daughter of Charles dit Valcourt Morin and Marcelline Parant.
Notes for Elzear (John) Cote:
Re: My Aunt Natalie - Elzear and Victoria came from Rimouski, Canada to
Fall River, Massachusetts and then to Alpena Michigan.In 1901, Eugene Cotey moved the family to L'Anse, Michigan, without his father, Victoria andthose children still left at home had left him, because of his drinking.The marriage was supposedly arranged between the families, he was 22 and she was 18.He cried all the way to the church and thru the ceremony.He didn't want to marry her.He was or became Epileptic and alcoholic.In 1889, thru 1902, he resided at 210 W. Lake St., Alpena City and worked as a Carpenter.In 1903 thru 1904, he resided at 239 Long Lake Ave., Alpena City and was still a Carpenter.His last known address was 230 Long Lake Ave., Alpena, Mi (1905-1906). In 1901,
Elzear (John) immigrated with his family from Canada in the year 1880, first to Fall River, Mass. and then to Alpena, Mi..His sister, Marquerite must have joined them after the death of her first husband, because she married Michel Binette, 16 Sep 1884, in Fall River, Mass.
Elzear was a farmer, worker in a sawmill and carpenter. He also may have worked in the Textile Mills in Fall River, Mass.He died of Disease of the Heart and was found dead at home, 21 August 1929.He was buried 23 August 1929 in Holy Cross Cemetery, Alpena, Michigan.His address was 339 Long Lake Ave., Alpena, Michigan.
More About Elzear (John) Cote:
Burial: August 23, 1929, Holy Cross Cemetery, Alpena, Michigan.
More About Elzear (John) Cote and Victoria Morin:
Marriage: July 08, 1872, Bic, Ontario, Canada.
Children of Elzear (John) Cote and Victoria Morin are:
- Alex Cote, d. date unknown, Detroit, Michigan.
- +Maude Cote, d. date unknown, Muskegon, Michigan.
- Marie Amanda Cote, b. April 04, 1873, St Fabien, Canada, d. date unknown.
- +Eugene Desire Cotey, b. June 15, 1874, Rimonski, Quebec, Canada, d. January 04, 1952, Munising, Alger, Michigan.
- +Joseph Alexandre Cote, b. January 30, 1876, St Fabien, Canada, d. date unknown.
- +Lydia (Maggie) Cote, b. February 1877, St Fabien, Canada, d. date unknown, Pequaming,.
- +Marie Rose de Lima Cote (Arthamise), b. September 21, 1878, St Fabien, Canada, d. date unknown.
- Phillipe Joseph Carmel Cote, b. August 04, 1880, Alpena City, Alpena, Michigan, d. date unknown, Minneapolis, Minnisota.
- +Albina Cotey, b. February 1882, Alpena, Michigan, d. date unknown, Flint, Genesee, Michigan.
- +Flora Cote, b. July 19, 1885, Alpena, Alpena,Michigan, d. February 24, 1948, Cheboygan, Cheboygan, Michigan.
- Ernest Cote, b. October 1887, d. date unknown, Grantsburg, Wisconsin.
- Malvina Cote, b. July 19, 1888, Alpena, Michigan, d. date unknown, Lomita, Artesin, California.
- +Victoria M. Cote, b. June 01, 1891, Alpena, Alpena, Michigan, d. January 06, 1985, L'Anse, Michigan.
- Joseph Antoinne Cote, b. April 30, 1894, Alpena, Michigan, d. March 20, 1970, Seattle, Washington.