| || Notes for WILLIAM JOBES:|
[Shortcut to Jobes.lnk.FTW]
1. 1840 Federal Census. Delaware county, Indiana. #569. William (Jobs).
Index 1840 Federal Population Census-Indiana (Genealogical Division of Indiana State Library, 1975). pp 172. Jobs, William, Delaware county, page 569.
2. Marriage and family records of the Jobes family members, William and Martha who married Martha Carter and Samuel Carter. History of Issac P. Carter family, Howard Carter. (Washington, Iowa: Gazette Print, 1905). pp12+
(LDS Film 207293, LDS Center, Salt Lake City, Utah). Martha Carter born 6 November 1802, Northport Waldo county, Maine. Parents were Issac P. Carter and Joanna Gay. Died 18 May 1855. Married 7 December 1823 to William Jobes. records of family destroyed in fire in Linn county, Iowa. His parentage, birth locale or date not known other than born in Virginia. William Jobes died about 1846 at Wheeling, Delaware county, Indiana. Had no children. He lived in Muskingum county, Ohio, 9-10 years. Moved to Delaware county, Indiana. Sold farm and moved to Wheeling - engaged in freighting to Cincinnati. Martha moved to Grant county, near brother, Issac.
Note: [ Martha Carter's brother, Samuel Hillman Carter, married a Martha Jobes. Martha Jobes was born in Virginia on 8 February 1811. Since her birth date matches that of Martha Jobes, daughter of William Jobes and Alice Kirby, it is obvious that these two women are the same individual. And by that basis, William Jobes, husband of Martha Carter, is most likely that of brother to Martha Jobes.].
3. National Society Daughters of the American Revolution. #294764. Application based on William Jobs. (NSDAR, Washington, D.C.).
4. Internet Accessed data 20 October, 1998. (http://www.firstdial.com/~dpaulson/dat/.htm). Carter Family genealogy. Lists Issac Powers Carter and son, Samuel Hillman Carter. Lists Jobes, Unknown born about 1800 unknown, male, married to Martha Carter. She was born 6 November 1802, Northport, Waldo county, Maine and died 7 February 1855, Palo, Linn county, Iowa, female. Parents are listed as Isaac Powers Carter and Joanna Gay. No children are listed for Martha Carter Jobes. Children listed for Samuel Hillman Carter do not match those described in Howard Carter's book. It is possible since no listing of the wife is given from the Internet data, that the children are from his second marriage to Mary Owings.
5. Internet Access Data. (http://searches.rootsweb.com/usgenweb/archives/in/grant/cemetery/harmony.txt)
"Jobes, Wm died Apr. 5, 1847 aged 44 y. In Memory of" Grant county, Indiana, Harmony Baptist Church, located on Muncie Pike, Jefferson township, section 28 on the banks of Crawford Creek. Several Carter family members located in this cemetery including some children of Samuel H. Carter from his second wife.