- Issac L.G. Strickland - 1st Pastor 1838 (115 KB)
Church dedication to Issac Lemuel Gillespie Strickland. West Columbia Texas.
- Earnest Lloyd Best - Age 5 (12 KB)
Earnest Lloyd Best - Circa 1916
- Marshall County, Mississippi cemetary map (48 KB)
Map of old cemetaries, from about 1955
- Best Brothers - Circa 1949 (92 KB)
Earnie Lee (Front, age 9) Richard (Back, age 5)
- Abijah Best Cabin - Tallaloosa, MS -- Built 1835 (73 KB)
Outside view of the Abijah and Judah Best House. Photo taken October 27, 2000.
- Me and Two of My Best Sisters - 1950 (71 KB)
Janet, Richard &, Karen - On the Farm in Battle Creek, Michigan
- Inside the Abijah Best Cabin (28 KB)
Note the low ceiling height.The doors are approximately 5 1/2 feet high.
- My Grandma Annie Lea (Anschultz) Best (73 KB)
Annie Lea (Anschultz) Best with sons Henry (L) and Earnest (R)Little Rock, AR, 1963
- Earnest visits great Grandfather Abijah's house. (34 KB)
Earnest L. Best at his Great Grandparents, Abijah and Judah Best's house. Tallalossa Mississippi, October 27, 2000.
- My Grandma Anna H.C.(Gustaffson) Bradeen (26 KB)
Richard and his Grandma Bradeen. Christmas 1961 in Kalamazoo, MI
- Best Family Cemetary, Tallalossa, Mississippi (81 KB)
This is the state of the cemetary, which has been almost totally abandoned. The tombstone of Euphemia Dundis Best is leaning against the tree to the left. The small stones (6-10) appear to be unmarked graves. Cemetary is located about 250 yards North of the Best Cabin on a small hill.
- Sons of Abijah Best (Abt. 1880) (36 KB)
My great Grandfather John Wesley Best (seated, front) and his 5 brothers, William, Washington, Berry, Newton and Charles.
- Tombstone of Euphemia Dundis Best 1846 - 1861 (55 KB)
Euphemia Dundis Best, Daughter of Abijah and Judah Best.B. Sept. 11. 1846, D. March 12, 1861. Buried in Tallaloosa Cemetary (Best Family Cemetary) , Marshall County, MS
- Land Survey, Montgomery County, Texas (28 KB)
Survey of land granted to Wilson Strickland in the Conroe Oil Fields
- Map to Tallalossa (Best Cabin and Cemetary) (138 KB)
The Tallaloosa property is located about 1/4 mile off S. Red Banks Road on a dirt road called Mcauley
- Page 1 of Wilson Srickland Deed (142 KB)
Land grant in Montgomery County, Texas 1847 - Page 1
- Page 2 of Wilson Strickland Deed (128 KB)
Land grant in Montgomery County, Texas 1847 - Page 2