Family History - Vicki Thomas Blake:Information about Joseph Beebe Sr.
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
Joseph Beebe Sr. (b. Abt. 1671, d. Dec 04, 1756)Joseph Beebe Sr. (son of John Beebe III and Abigail York(e)) was born Abt. 1671 in New London, New London County, CT, and died Dec 04, 1756 in New London, Ct..He married (1) Elizabeth Camp Fargo.He married (2) Mehitable Graves on Dec 26, 1706 in New London, Ct..
Notes for Joseph Beebe Sr.:
He is said to have died about age 70.However, he was probably younger or may have been born earlier than 1681.Clarence Beebe thought he was the son of John (3) but it is ow thought he was the son of John (2) and the brother of John (3) which appears more likely.A confusion exists as to name of Joseph's first wife.The New London record says that "Joseph Beebe and Elizabeth Graves were marreid 26 Dec. 1706" while the wife's name is given as Mehitable in record of the children's birth and baptisms.However, a history of the Graves Family, in preparation in 1895, confirms Elizabeth's marriage to Joseph.Elizabeth died in April 1730 and he arried (2) Elizabeth (Camp) Fargo.All four of his children by Elizabeth Camp were baptized in New London, CT. on 26 Oct. 1740.Mehitable:it should be noted that Mehitable would have been about age 57 at the time her youngest children were baptized.She was the daughter of Benjamin and Mary (Hoar) Graves.Elizabeth:widow of Moses Fargo and the daughter of William an Abigain (Willoube) Camp.Moses is probably the Moses Fargo that died, according to information in Automated Archives CD 100, about 1726 in New London, CT.His father's name is given as Jason Fargeau.
More About Joseph Beebe Sr. and Mehitable Graves:
Marriage: Dec 26, 1706, New London, Ct..
Children of Joseph Beebe Sr. and Elizabeth Camp Fargo are:
- Thaddeus Beebe, b. Bef. 1740, New London, Ct., d. Bet. 1780 - 1820.
- Patience Beebe, b. Bef. 1740, New London, Ct., d. Aft. 1768.
- Mary Beebe, b. Bef. 1740, New London, Ct., d. Bet. 1740 - 1820.
- Elizabeth Beebe, b. Bef. 1740, New London, Ct., d. Bet. 1740 - 1820.
Children of Joseph Beebe Sr. and Mehitable Graves are:
- +Jonathan Beebe, b. Mar 02, 1707/08, Lyme, New London, CT, d. Jan 20, 1759.
- Joseph Beebe Jr., b. Dec 04, 1707, New London, Ct., d. Jan 20, 1737/38.
- Ephraim Sr. Beebe, b. May 05, 1712, New London, Ct., d. Bet. 1750 - 1753.
- Stephen Beebe, b. Jul 13, 1714, New London, Ct., d. Nov 08, 1760, Fort Edward, Washington, NY.
- David Beebe, b. Abt. 1716, New London, Ct., d. 1744.
- Elisha Beebe, b. Abt. 1718, New London, Ct., d. Aug 16, 1760.
- +Simeon Beebe, b. Abt. 1720, New London, Ct., d. Abt. 1777, Waterbury, New Haven, CT.
- Abigail Beebe, b. Abt. 1721, New London, Ct., d. Bet. 1721 - 1800.
- Mehitable Beebe, b. Abt. 1721, New London, Ct., d. 1746.
- Japhet Beebe, b. Abt. 1722, New London, Ct., d. Aft. 1728.