- Alice May Gary & Horace Hobson Early about 1920 (81 KB)
Alice May Gary & Horace Hobson Early during their courtship in the early 1920's, Charleston, SC
- Hiram William Sparrow & wife, Julia's headstone (88 KB)
Hiram William Sparrow, wife - Julia Ann Dews and daughter, Barbara's, buria site at Long Creek Presbyterian Church, Bessemer City, Gaston Co., NC.Photo/2002Their daughter, Nancy, became the wife of Robert Daniel Sellers.
- Andrew Nunn Gary (579 KB)
Andrew Nunn Gary, former Union soldier, married Mary Anna (Marianna) Clark of Edisto Island, SC. Photo probably taken in late 1860's, early 1870's
- Margaret Elizabeth Sellers (Hagood) & children (833 KB)
Margaret and her children, Ben Folger Hagood, Jr & Dorothy Folger Hagood.About 1927.
- Benjamin Adger Hagood Summer Home, Pickens, (22 KB)
Son of James Earle Hagood and Esther Benson Robinson.Resident of Charleston, SC. Benjamin Adger Hagood family summered in Pickens in this home to be with Hagood family members.
- Pickens Mill Village 1909 (247 KB)
Mill workers were provided housing at a nominal cost.
- Pickens Mill 50th Year Celebration (453 KB)
1956 event. Last from right: Ben Folger Hagood Jr., to his right is unknown, to unknown's right is Ben Folger Hagood (Sr.) with hands on the author of this page, Margaret Gary Hagood (Brightwell), to their immediate right is James Hagood Bruce.
- Ben Folger Hagood Jr. (478 KB)
Ben Folger Hagood Jr. at his office at Pickens Mill, Pickens, SC, where he served as Vice-President.Pickens Mill was later sold to Mayfair Mills. Mr. Hagood continued to serve in his capacity as Vice-President.
- Pickens Mill Church (154 KB)
Part of the Pickens Mill Village Community.
- Pickens Mill, Pickens, SC - Early 1900's (343 KB)
William Milliken Hagood, son of James Earle Hagood and Esther Benson Robinson, founded both the Pickens Mill (1906) and Glenwood Cotton Mill in Easley, SC.
- Benjamin Adger Hagood Summer Home 2 (500 KB)
Early photo of Benjamin Adger Hagood's summer home in Pickens, SC.Postcard photo.
- Adaline Hagood Ambler (Hagood) Grave (1152 KB)
Wife of Benjamin Hagood, daughter of James Ambler and Susan Hagood (Ambler).Grave located at Hagood Cemetery near Pickens, SC.
- Margaret Eliza Speer (Summit) Grave (99 KB)
Wife of Lawson Summit.Grave located in Mountain Rest Cemetery, Section 10, Kings Mountain, Cleveland Co., NC.Photo taken 2002.
- Dora Folger (Hagood) & grandchildren (1708 KB)
Dora Folger (Hagood), wife of James Earle Hagood, Jr. & grandchildren, Ben Folger Hagood, Jr. & Dorothy Folger Hagood (later Grantham).About 1927.
- Alonzo M. Folger & Elizabeth Burdine (Folger) (1150 KB)
Grave at Westview Cemetery Cemetery, Easley, SC.They were the parents of Laura Tirzah Eudora Folger ("Dora") who married James Earle Hagood Jr.
- Eva Caroline Hagood (216 KB)
Daughter of John H. Hagood, granddaughter of Benjamin Hagood, standing at the Bythe-Goodwin-Hagood House, Greenville Co., SC.Early 1900's.
- Frances Miles Hagood (Mauldin) (542 KB)
Frances Miles Hagood (aka "Queen"), daughter of James Earle Hagood and Esther Benson Robinson. Wife of Judge Thomas Joab Mauldin.Pickens, SC
- Hagood Family Cemetery (1403 KB)
Located near Pickens, SC, in the Twelve Mile Community off Midway Rd.
- Hagood Women, 1890's (372 KB)
"Queen"(Frances Miles Hagood) marked in photo.Ink mark on left-hand side of photo is Esther Benson Robinson, wife of James Earle Hagood.Location believed to be the Pickens, SC home of James Earle Hagood and Esther Benson Robinson, in 2004 known as The Hagood-Mauldin House.
- James Earle Hagood Home (22 KB)
Now known as the "Hagood-Mauldin House" and on the National Historic Register, the home was built by James Earle Hagood in Old Pickens, near Keowee River, and later moved to the new site of Pickens, by dismantling the boards of the house and using a numbering system.Numbers on the boards are still visible in the crawl space of the house.
- Dorothy Folger Hagood (Grantham) 1920-1995 (908 KB)
Daughter of Ben Folger Hagood and Margaret Elizabeth Sellers (Hagood)
- Lidie Miles Hagood/Dau. of William Milliken Hagood (785 KB)
Granddaughter of James Earle Hagood and Esther Benson Robinson.Married Henry Shanklin.
- James Earle Hagood (1562 KB)
James Earle Hagood, son of Benjamin Hagood and Adaline Hagood Ambler (Hagood).
- The Gary Girls (73 KB)
Alice May Gary, Mary Florence Gary, & Caroline Elizabeth Gary.Daughters of Harry Miller Gary and Caroline Cumming Gary.
- Marianna (Mary Anna) Clark (69 KB)
Of Edisto Island, SC.Wife of Andrew Nunn Gary.
- John Edwin Folger Grave (1022 KB)
Westview Cemetery, Easley, SC.Son of Alonzo Mendenhall Folger and Elizabeth Burdine (Folger).Brother to "Dora" Folger (Hagood).
- Mary Elizabeth Johnston (479 KB)
Wife of Moses M. Early. Mother of Horace Hobson Early.
- John Hagood Home (131 KB)
L to R: Called the Blythe-Goodwin-Hagood House, located at the junction of Hwy. 11 & 25 in Greenville County, SC.Listed on register of National Historic Places.Still owned by Hagood family members in 2004.
- Caroline Cumming Northrop (Gary) (28 KB)
Wife of Harry Miller Gary.
- Harry Miller Gary (674 KB)
Harry Miller Gary, son of Andrew Nunn Gary and Mary Anna (Marianna) Clark.
- Moses M. Early Family (659 KB)
Moses M. Early and his wife, Mary Elizabeth Johnston, and their children:Horace (eldest son), Bessie, Lena, & Hoyle Early.Probably about 1915 in NC.
- Northrop Brothers, Wilmington, NC, 1890 (228 KB)
L to R: to be added at later date.
- Mamie Gertrude Hagood (Matthews) (667 KB)
"Tooda", Daughter of William Milliken Hagood and Katherine (Kate) Cleveland.Wife of Albert B. Matthews.
- James E. Hagood Home (419 KB)
Older photo of what is now The Hagood-Mauldin House, Pickens, SC.
- Graves of Alice & P.H. Sellers (9 KB)
Westview Cemetery, Easley, SC.Tombstones of Lula Alice McLaughen (Sellers) and Patrick Henry Sellers.
- William Walter Robinson (129 KB)
Son of Elvira Hagood & William Wycliffe RobinsonGrandson of Benjamin Hagood and Adaline Hagood Ambler.
- James Earle Hagood Jr. (539 KB)
Son of James Earle Hagood and Esther Benson Robinson.Husband of Dora Folger (Laura Tirzah Eudora Folger)
- Pickens Mill 1933 (193 KB)
- James Morrow Hagood (7 KB)
James Morrow Hagood, son of Benjamin Adger Hagood & Mary Eleanor Morrow.Lived in Charleston, SC.
- Hagood Family Cousins, 1880's (772 KB)
Hagood family cousins, probably mid-1880's.Identified on the photo are James Earle Hagood and Esther Benson Robinson's children, "Queen" - Frances Miles Hagood (later Mauldin), B.A. Hagood (Benjamin Adger Hagood) and their nephew, "Claude", who was Claude Hagood Alexander, son of Mary Elizabeth Hagood and her husband Pleasant McDuffie Alexander. First female on right is believed to be Lucie Virginia Hagood, sister to B.A. and "Queen". Seeking the identities of the other "cousins".
- Rebecca Hagood (495 KB)
Rebecca Hagood (Hightower), sister of Benjamin Hagood.
- Headstone of Lawson Summit (104 KB)
Lawson Summit(wife, Margaret Eliza Speer, 1825-1894), Great-Grandfather of Margaret Elizabeth Sellers(1897-1981), who became the wife of Ben Folger Hagood (1896-1975). Grave located in Mountain Rest Cemetery, Section 10, Kings Mountain, Cleveland Co., NC.Photo taken, 2002.
- Alfred Moore Folger, author (353 KB)
Dr. Alfred M. Folger's book, THE FAMILY PHYSICIAN
- Lucy ("Lucie") Hagood (later,Bruce) (518 KB)
Lucie Virginia Hagood (1864-1953), daughter of James Earle Hagood and Esther Benson Robinson, married James McDuffie Bruce in 1890 at the home of her parents in Pickens, SC.
- Pickens Mill Store (123 KB)
The Pickens Mill village had a store (photo), barbershop, church and school for the mill workers.