My Genealogy Home Page:Information about John Lennon
Home Page |Surname List |Index of Individuals | |Sources
John Lennon (b. 1853, d. March 25, 1888)John Lennon (son of Edward Lennon) was born 1853 in Ireland, and died March 25, 1888 in 11 Cartmel Terrace, West Derby.He married Catherine Linskey on September 3, 1877 in St Swithins Chapel West Derby, daughter of Edward (Thaddy) Linskey and Julia.
Notes for John Lennon:
Name on marriage cert was Lennon - father's name was given as Edward
Death Certificate says John was 29 when died, which doesn't tie in
with age given in 1881 census which was 28.However the details were
given by his father in law Thaddy so could have been wrong (as could
age given on census)
Also, John was listed as living at the Dog and Gun Inn, probably as a lodger. I can't find any other entry for him in previous Censuses - possibly was in Ireland.
Re his death: sadly for my great grandmother John died of pneumonia on the 25 March 1888 about six weeks before she gave birth to my grandfather Christopher Joseph on the 4 May that same year.
More About John Lennon and Catherine Linskey:
Marriage: September 3, 1877, St Swithins Chapel West Derby.
Marriage Notes for John Lennon and Catherine Linskey:
This information was taken from the marriage certificate.
Children of John Lennon and Catherine Linskey are:
- Edward Lannon, b. 1876, West Derby, d. date unknown.
- John Lannon, b. 1879, West Derby, d. date unknown.
- Henry Lannon, b. 1883, 11 Cartmel Terrace, West Derby, d. 1897.
- Ellen Lannon, b. 1885, 11 Cartmel Terrace, West Derby, d. 1897, 16 Carr Lane East, West Derby, Liverpool.
- +C. Joseph Lannon, b. May 4, 1888, 11 Carr Lane, West Derby, d. February 29, 1960, Rockbank, Liverpool.